Magloire Working Out in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The point is that he provides 1 year of mentoriship to our young front court without breaking the bank, and thus, jeopardizing our 2012 cap space.

We have a minimum of 3 roster spots to fill this season, so you know Colangelo is going to sign somebody. Instead of signing disgruntled D-leaguers hoping to earn minutes for his next NBA contract (who might sulk if he doesn't see the floor), Magloire seems like a good fit in a status-quo year with a miniscule contract.

Get a high pick (or two) in 2012, amnesty Calderon or Kleiza, and go nuts in free agency next year.

I'm not sure Magloire is the veteran leader the team should be looking to sign. I recall sulking on his part for touches in Milwaukee and New Orleans. In the last 4 years he has played 31, 55, 36, and 18 games.

I've got no problem signing him to fill out the roster but if we are looking for veteran leadership and a player to mentor/teach the young pups, I would look elsewhere.

Kurt Thomas comes to mind. Offer him a one year deal at $3M. Maybe $2M extra makes him think twice about the Knicks or Bulls.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Kurt Thomas comes to mind. Offer him a one year deal at $3M. Maybe $2M extra makes him think twice about the Knicks or Bulls.
      Agree on Thomas. As I mentioned in the initial post, I think he fits the mentoring roll better than Magloire.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Agree on Thomas. As I mentioned in the initial post, I think he fits the mentoring roll better than Magloire.
        Sorry, I glanced and clicked the link. Missed the part on Thomas after I came back and started reading the other comments. Agree 100% on your Thomas comments.

Comment

Magloire isn't bad for 1 year. I'm ok with Magloire or Thomas doesn't matter to me. Both are good rebounders and defenders

Comment

The terms "high character", "good teacher", "mentor" are just not traits that spring to my mind when Magloire's name comes up. He is but a body now. Thats all. My own impression of him is selfishness....that when he had something to offer he consistently turned down playing for Team Canada and never quite gave an explanation. I wouldnt put him down for anything more than looking for another paycheck. A mill. is still good money.

Comment

Magloire is fine with me - to play a "Dorsey" role ... spot minutes, and injury filler. He could push Alabi for 4th big minutes.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Working...
              X