Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade cap space for a lottery pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade cap space for a lottery pick?

So with all this talk of getting one year deals, what happens if the Raptors have a chance to, say, trade Barbosa for a longer contract and a lottery pick (with maybe something else going out). Would you do it if it means losing a lot of the cap space coming next summer?
    Cap Space
    3.85%
    Lottery pick
    96.15%
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    So with all this talk of getting one year deals, what happens if the Raptors have a chance to, say, trade Barbosa for a longer contract and a lottery pick (with maybe something else going out). Would you do it if it means losing a lot of the cap space coming next summer?
    In your poll I selected lottery pick.

In your first post, you raise some different issues that could change the answer depending on what the Raptors send out.

Comment

Yes as long as the pick is not below 25 range (hopefully) and the longer contract is not a cancerous player.

Cap space is fools gold for a team that can't attract top FA's.

Colangelo would end up using that cap space on a player who will eventually turn out to be a bad contract anyway (remember Hedo), so take your chances with the lottery pick and hope the longer contract coming back is a solid player who can help in some capacity in the future.

Comment

For a bonafied lotto pick, at first glimpse/first take, I would say yes. That second lotto pick could mean Kabongo.

Comment

I selected lottery pick because I don't feel the Raptors will be real contenders for the star free agents and this is a deep draft.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          For a bonafied lotto pick, at first glimpse/first take, I would say yes. That second lotto pick could mean Kabongo.
          Kabingo, kabango, Kabongo.

Comment

Lotto pick
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I'd do it for a 10-16 pick
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You can't tell me BC walked away from that UNC/Kentucky game without a 5 hour boner
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  You can't tell me BC walked away from that UNC/Kentucky game without a 5 hour boner
                  Mine lasted for 8 so I would think you might be underestimating the bonerage.

Comment

Lottery pick for sure.. What Cleveland did last year seemed like bonkers, but it worked out for them. I'd love to be in the same situation they were in next year.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Arent you supposed to call a doctor if it lasts more than 4?

Comment

If it was a top 10 pick and the draft class remains as is (no 2 and through rule) I'd take on the salary. Obviously if the player is still worth while and years/salary remaining would play factors but I'd certainly entertain it.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                          If it was a top 10 pick and the draft class remains as is (no 2 and through rule) I'd take on the salary. Obviously if the player is still worth while and years/salary remaining would play factors but I'd certainly entertain it.
                          The draft age rule stays the same has been confirmed since yesterday.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            The draft age rule stays the same has been confirmed since yesterday.
                            Work was busy yesterday didn't read that. However this comes as music to my ears. Hopefully BC can work a deal where a second pick is involved, some serious talent is out there this to be had.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                              Yes as long as the pick is not below 25 range (hopefully) and the longer contract is not a cancerous player.

Cap space is fools gold for a team that can't attract top FA's.

Colangelo would end up using that cap space on a player who will eventually turn out to be a bad contract anyway (remember Hedo), so take your chances with the lottery pick and hope the longer contract coming back is a solid player who can help in some capacity in the future.
                              Did you even read what he wrote? he said LOTTERY PICK which is in the 1 -14 range.

Comment

Working...
                              X