Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you trade cap space for a lottery pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madman wrote: View Post
    your right, didnt explain what i meant well, by playing together i meant offensively. obviously on defense they would be a beast, offensively though having 2 guys on the floor who pose no offensive threat other than getting offensive rebounds seriously limits what the team would be able to do, thats putting a lot of pressure to score on your wing players especially if one of them is Demar who scores 1 way. The best teams have guys who can score in multiple ways to free up space all over the court
    Now, Davis is never going to lead the league in scoring, but he's shown he's got a makings of a decent post game, which would certainly make him a threat. And have you watched Valanciunas? I'd say he's definitely an offensive threat. He's can shoot out to 15 feet and his coaches have said he's got a three point shot. He's got good footwork and very good touch, so I think he's going to end up being a pretty good offensive player. I mean, this isn't Kendrick Perkins and Serge Ibaka, here (who despite neither being a good offensive player, seem to work half decently together).

As long as a player is a threat to score, which both players are, then he can't be left alone. And since both players seem to have a pretty high basketball IQ, they know where to go on the court for spacing.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Madman wrote: View Post
      yea thats true, but i really like the possibility of a 2nd 1st round pick, and potentially have a line up of Kabongo/Demar/Jones or Barnes/Bargs/JV
      I like a lineup of Kabongo/Demar/Anthony Davis or Barnes/Ed Davis/JV sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. Who cares about offensive spacing if one of your bigs can't defend.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        To amnesty a player, does the contract have to be on your team now or just signed in the old CBA? ie can't you amnesty a player that you traded for as long as long as the contract is not new? Confused on that one.
        Go to post 1937 of lockout thread.

Only players on a roster as of July 1st, 2011 can be amnestied by the team who possessed the contract as of July 1st, 2011.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post103300

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
          Arent you supposed to call a doctor if it lasts more than 4?
          Hahahah

Comment

Working...
          X