No announcement yet.

Pietrus will NOT be a Raptor afterall: UPDATE: Pietrus bought out by Suns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the Raptors get Bird rights on Pietrus? Wait, they do. I remember now. He signed his contract in 2008.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Dec 9, 2011, 02:25 PM. Reason: .

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
      I'm loving these one year deals, we get to use our 7+ million in cap space to improve our team, yet we preserve our cap flexibility, this is exactly what we need to be doing. Loving how Colangelo turns basically 2nd round picks into very serviceable players (james johnson, mickael pietrus), one thing is for sure about Colangelo for good or bad he knows how to get a deal done lol.
      JJ was a first round pick.

Pietrus for a heavily protected second round pick that will most likely never see Phoenix. Phoenix is even including cash in the deal so the Raptors aren't even paying his full $5.3M salary. This is a great albeit fairly insignificant in the big picture deal for Toronto.

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
      Should have something up soon at torontosun.com on Pietrus. Not sure yet if it is cap space or TPE, pick will be heavily protected

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
      @
      @timpchisholm Yes, Pietrus for a conditional second round pick that most likely never will be conveyed to Phoenix #raptors

Comment

So the Suns have cut around $23M off the books in one week.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          JJ was a first round pick.

Pietrus for a heavily protected second round pick that will most likely never see Phoenix. Phoenix is even including cash in the deal so the Raptors aren't even paying his full $5.3M salary. This is a great albeit fairly insignificant in the big picture deal for Toronto.
          JJ was 28th overall in a weak draft that is "basically" a 2nd round pick. Still gotta love this move by colangelo.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

JJ was 28th overall in a weak draft that is "basically" a 2nd round pick. Still gotta love this move by colangelo.
            JJ was traded for a first round draft pick. There is no gray area on the matter. If in your opinion it was the equivalent of a second round draft pick, then that is different but not fact.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              So the Suns have cut around $23M off the books in one week.
              The Suns need to be careful of the Cap floor. Not sure what their current payroll looks like, but they have to be around $49M.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                The Suns need to be careful of the Cap floor. Not sure what their current payroll looks like, but they have to be around $49M.
                The new CBA has the floor at 80% this year, 85% next year, and 90% thereafter.

That makes the payroll minimum around $46M. They would be around $41 right now. It is being reported that they are resigning Hill to a one year $5M contract though so that is their minimum achieved.

Comment

Excellent move. This must be BC's best offseason yet.

Comment

That makes the payroll minimum around $46M. They would be around $41 right now. It is being reported that they are resigning Hill to a one year $5M contract though so that is their minimum achieved.
                    I did not know that.. thought it was 85% this year. That should help Sacramento out more than anybody else.

Comment

I did not know that.. thought it was 85% this year. That should help Sacramento out more than anybody else.
                      You were right to think that. It was one of the minor changes that was made between the initial agreement in principle and the final CBA.

Comment

Wow, Hill must really love those Arizona golf courses. Climate is probably really good on his joints too.

Comment

JJ was traded for a first round draft pick. There is no gray area on the matter. If in your opinion it was the equivalent of a second round draft pick, then that is different but not fact.
                          I consider a 28th overall selection in a weak draft to be a 2nd round pick, and yes that is my opinion. ^_-

Comment

I see the raptors really balancing their minutes out and not really playing many guys over 30 min. because of the tight schedule. Matching people up based on the opposition giving each player around 24 min. a game to reduce fatigue and chances of injury. Seems like we have the kind of depth to do that. I see Davis being moved to the 5 this year, to play alongside Magloire, that would resolve our log jam at PF. Once Kleiza gets back we will be pretty deep at the 3 ...

Comment

Bring back Marcus Banks. Short 1 year deal - knows the team, and would not be a cancer on the team. Can probably get him for $1M as a FA.
                              Not a bad idea. Also thought Ivey and Dooling were decent suggestions. Mostly the theme is a guy who's been around, won't be upset at the 3rd string (I think that scrubs any notion of Dragic coming, barring a trade), and could step in and do something well...Banks, Ivey and Dooling are all good enough defenders.
                              Don't really see many other options, at least not obvious ones. Maybe Ronnie Price.

Comment

I consider a 28th overall selection in a weak draft to be a 2nd round pick, and yes that is my opinion. ^_-
                                Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X