X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Is it just me or was BC way too quick on the signings? On the one hand, he was smart for getting Magloire and Gray right away as there seems to be a premium on backup Cs around the league right now (see Bobcats without a real centre). I feel like there must be more deals to be had if the waiting around was a bit longer. Seems like Forbes can be had now that Fernandez and Brewer might be headed to Denver. I wish we have Brewer at the 3.
    I think it depends on what BC sees in Forbes. He has a knack for finding good players buried on benches.

It would be interesting to know how much Forbes is getting paid as well.

Brewer would be a nice pick up I agree. The only concern might be what his $3.2M salary for next year could do to the 'master plan' for next summer.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Is it just me or was BC way too quick on the signings? On the one hand, he was smart for getting Magloire and Gray right away as there seems to be a premium on backup Cs around the league right now (see Bobcats without a real centre). I feel like there must be more deals to be had if the waiting around was a bit longer. Seems like Forbes can be had now that Fernandez and Brewer might be headed to Denver. I wish we have Brewer at the 3.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Done deal: Mavs agree to send Rudy F and Brewer to Denver for future second-rounder, according to sources with knowledge of trade
    If one was to assume, this would have to mean Forbes to Toronto is going to be a done deal now?

But we know what happens one when ass-u-mes.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Did Denver match or what?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    And so does....Adam Morrison!

Speaking of which..don't the Raptors have need of a SF & 15th man?

(am I trolling?)
    Not if the Forbes offer is not matched by DEN.

Forbes would give the Raptors 15.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    And so does....Adam Morrison!

Speaking of which..don't the Raptors have need of a SF & 15th man?

(am I trolling?)

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    ....so does Jay Cutler....

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Forbes has diabetes.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Wonder if the Raps have inside info (Ujiri) on Denver's plans for Forbes?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Denver had a 4 year, $19M contract offer to Bucks RFA Luc Mbah a Moute.

Milwaukee matched it.

Toronto has officially sent in the offer sheet on Gary Forbes.

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    Sounds like Anthony Carter is coming too and Forbes offer sheet has been received by Denver

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Gut feeling tells me there's a deal in the works for Barbosa.
    Agree.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I think the raptors might be looking at barbosa as their third back up PG, and then forbes as depth. Because Barbosa unless he is traded over the next 2 weeks can play the point, that makes 3 PGs.
    Gut feeling tells me there's a deal in the works for Barbosa.

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Forbes is a swingman. He's not the quintessential swingman by any means, but he can play both 2 and 3 positions. He's not going to displace James Johnson at the 3. He's just here to provide depth. With Kleiza out until mid January and Barbosa's future here hanging in the balance, we needed a reserve swingman. That's what Forbes is. All Colangelo needs is that cheap back up
    3rd string point guard, and this roster will be set for the season.

I don't know why people are knocking the signing (unless Colangelo gave him a shit ton of money, but I doubt it since we just acquired Magloire and Pietrus). This season is just about teaching and surviving. We're gonna need a bit of depth.
    I think the raptors might be looking at barbosa as their third back up PG, and then forbes as depth. Because Barbosa unless he is traded over the next 2 weeks can play the point, that makes 3 PGs.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Forbes is a swingman. He's not the quintessential swingman by any means, but he can play both 2 and 3 positions. He's not going to displace James Johnson at the 3. He's just here to provide depth. With Kleiza out until mid January and Barbosa's future here hanging in the balance, we needed a reserve swingman. That's what Forbes is. All Colangelo needs is that cheap back up

I don't know why people are knocking the signing (unless Colangelo gave him a shit ton of money, but I doubt it since we just acquired Magloire and Pietrus). This season is just about teaching and surviving. We're gonna need a bit of depth.
    Forbes I'm cool with. Mr. "One Leg" Pietrus I'm not.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X