It is official: Gary Forbes C'MON DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    The Raptors don't want to win, remember. So who really knows who is going to start at SF. Forbes was on one of the deepest teams in the league last year but if he is retained by the Nuggets he should be higher in the rotation with the players that left to play in China and I believe Afflalo is unsigned so far.
    who said they don't want to win? BC fully said during the preseason press conferences that they are going to try and be competitive, and NOT trying to tank. James johnson and pietrus will fight for the starting spot, Forbes won't start trust me

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Forbes is listed as a forward on nba.com.
      he's not though. Unless you want him to get destroyed by other SF's you wouldn't want him playing there.

Comment

So he's not a forward because you say so?

Comment

Forbes is a swingman. He's not the quintessential swingman by any means, but he can play both 2 and 3 positions. He's not going to displace James Johnson at the 3. He's just here to provide depth. With Kleiza out until mid January and Barbosa's future here hanging in the balance, we needed a reserve swingman. That's what Forbes is. All Colangelo needs is that cheap back up
          3rd string point guard, and this roster will be set for the season.

I don't know why people are knocking the signing (unless Colangelo gave him a shit ton of money, but I doubt it since we just acquired Magloire and Pietrus). This season is just about teaching and surviving. We're gonna need a bit of depth.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Forbes is a swingman. He's not the quintessential swingman by any means, but he can play both 2 and 3 positions. He's not going to displace James Johnson at the 3. He's just here to provide depth. With Kleiza out until mid January and Barbosa's future here hanging in the balance, we needed a reserve swingman. That's what Forbes is. All Colangelo needs is that cheap back up

I don't know why people are knocking the signing (unless Colangelo gave him a shit ton of money, but I doubt it since we just acquired Magloire and Pietrus). This season is just about teaching and surviving. We're gonna need a bit of depth.
            Forbes I'm cool with. Mr. "One Leg" Pietrus I'm not.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post

I think the raptors might be looking at barbosa as their third back up PG, and then forbes as depth. Because Barbosa unless he is traded over the next 2 weeks can play the point, that makes 3 PGs.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                I think the raptors might be looking at barbosa as their third back up PG, and then forbes as depth. Because Barbosa unless he is traded over the next 2 weeks can play the point, that makes 3 PGs.
                Gut feeling tells me there's a deal in the works for Barbosa.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Gut feeling tells me there's a deal in the works for Barbosa.
                  Agree.

Comment

Denver had a 4 year, $19M contract offer to Bucks RFA Luc Mbah a Moute.

Milwaukee matched it.

Toronto has officially sent in the offer sheet on Gary Forbes.

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
                    Sounds like Anthony Carter is coming too and Forbes offer sheet has been received by Denver

Comment

Wonder if the Raps have inside info (Ujiri) on Denver's plans for Forbes?

Comment

Forbes has diabetes.

Comment

....so does Jay Cutler....

Comment

And so does....Adam Morrison!

Speaking of which..don't the Raptors have need of a SF & 15th man?

(am I trolling?)
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                              And so does....Adam Morrison!

Speaking of which..don't the Raptors have need of a SF & 15th man?

(am I trolling?)
                              Not if the Forbes offer is not matched by DEN.

Forbes would give the Raptors 15.

Comment

Did Denver match or what?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X