Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    charlotte will need his scoring...

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Reggie Williams has agreed to a two-year deal, $5 million deal with Charlotte, a league source tells Y! Sports.
    If BC paid more than this for Forbes, I'll be a little disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• WBG416
    replied
    What are people thinking about this guy's ceiling.

Can't say i've seen much of him, but BC has a history of picking up good 'project' guys. (Amir, Sonny, Bayless, Reggie, etc.)

With the our depth at SF (JJ, Forbes, Kleiza, Butler, Weems(nextyear) ) There will be alot of healthy competition for minutes.

Looks like we are going to have a solid two units with some skill:
    Bayless, Demar, JJ, Bargs, Amir
    Calderon, Barbosa, Kleiza, ED, Grey/magloire

and finally a good group of energy guys that can be slotted in,

Antony Carter, Butler, Forbes, possibly alabi....

Either way, I'm not saying the raps are going to be good by any means
    -but atleast they'll be entertaining. We have so many "fan favourite" type guys its rediculous lol.
    Last edited by WBG416; Wed Dec 14, 2011, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SandmanFan
    replied
    I like the addition of experience in Butler, Carter, Magloire but those 3 are plenty. Nice to have another young "project" player in Forbes for the last roster spot. Young legs that will hopefully stay fresh with the tight schedule. Like many other Raptors he has a lot to prove and will get the chance to do so.

Go, amaze me!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    raptors Toronto Raptors
    Forbes on his road to the NBA: "A road without any obstacles doesn't lead you anywhere." #RaptorsCamp

Forbes may not be considered a veteran (rookie year was last year in DEN) but he certainly has experience.

You think a guy like him is content with a 2 year deal? I don't think so..... or at least I hope not - the last thing I want is another Jamario.

Another guy around who will work his ass off is a very good thing.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Official: Gary Forbes signed

Via Twitter.com:

raptors Toronto Raptors
    The #Raptors officially announce the signing of Gary Forbes ( @GForbz3 ): is.gd/7RfOYE #raptorscamp

Welcome, Forbz!

This year I hope you pretend every opposing team is wearing a maple leaf.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    The link says the Raps paid double the Denver offer...god I hope BC didnt go crazy...must have seen him at that Panama-Can game.
    According to HoopsHype.com Denver's qualifying offer was $964k on Forbes. If BC paid $1.8-$1.9M I can live with that. Anything over 2 million though and I shudder.

*This assumes rotoworld is speaking of the qualifying offer - and I hope they are.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Looks like he has been signed by the raptors officially.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=164332&spln=1
    The link says the Raps paid double the Denver offer...god I hope BC didnt go crazy...must have seen him at that Panama-Can game.

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    Apparently its official

Looks like he has been signed by the raptors officially.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=164332&spln=1

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Forbesy!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
    As we had in the paper the other day, Forbes isnt comin back to #nuggets - they didn't match 2 yr deal from Toronto
    Eric Smith: Some sources are saying DEN won't match the Forbes offer from TOR. But I'm at the ACC & the #Raptors haven't confirmed anything, pro or con Twitter
    It looks like Forbes may be a Raptor.... possibly.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Nah you gotta have the players around for the little practice they get to have. It's not like any of the signings made are going to make us worse or anything.

If coach Casey felt strongly about Brewer I'm sure BC would have gotten him.
    True. It is not like Casey would not have any idea what Brewer brings after their 4-5 months together in Dallas.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Nah you gotta have the players around for the little practice they get to have. It's not like any of the signings made are going to make us worse or anything.

If coach Casey felt strongly about Brewer I'm sure BC would have gotten him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X