Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the third PG is..... Raptors sign Anthony Carter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    We'll have to see what happens.

PG: Nelson, Duhon, Pruitt
    SG: J. Richardson, Redick, Q. Richardson
    SF: Turkoglu, Harper
    PF: Big Baby, Anderson
    C: Lopez/Bynum, Orton

Personally, I think if you take Dwight Howard away from Orlando and insert Lopez, that team is worse than the Raptors. Bynum would be questionable and probably in ORL favour.

PG: Bayless, Calderon, Anthony
    SG: DD, Barbosa, Butler
    SF: JJ, Forbes, Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
    C: Gray, Magloire, Alabi

Again though, we'll have to see what happens because Orlando's roster is not complete and any trade may have more pieces.
    Looking at these lineups, what stands out is Orlando's superiority on defense even with Turkoglu in there. Turkoglu may end up going with Howard to the Lakers with the possibility of getting amnesty if that happens.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Looking at these lineups, what stands out is Orlando's superiority on defense even with Turkoglu in there. Turkoglu may end up going with Howard to the Lakers with the possibility of getting amnesty if that happens.
      It is impossible for Turk to get amnesty now. ORL used it on Arenas. No team that acquires TUrk can amnesty him as he was not on roster before July 1st, 2011.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        We'll have to see what happens.

PG: Nelson, Duhon, Pruitt
        SG: J. Richardson, Redick, Q. Richardson
        SF: Turkoglu, Harper
        PF: Big Baby, Anderson
        C: Lopez/Bynum, Orton

Personally, I think if you take Dwight Howard away from Orlando and insert Lopez, that team is worse than the Raptors. Bynum would be questionable and probably in ORL favour.

PG: Bayless, Calderon, Anthony
        SG: DD, Barbosa, Butler
        SF: JJ, Forbes, Kleiza
        PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
        C: Gray, Magloire, Alabi

Again though, we'll have to see what happens because Orlando's roster is not complete and any trade may have more pieces.
        If the trade with LA happens, I read somewhere that Gasol will be shipped to Houston for most of the crew they were going to send to NOH in the CP trade scenario. That could be a strong team in Orl. this season.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          If the trade with LA happens, I read somewhere that Gasol will be shipped to Houston for most of the crew they were going to send to NOH in the CP trade scenario. That could be a strong team in Orl. this season.
          I agree. See post 30.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            I dont understand why with the wonderful coach they have and their GM these guys dont want to play in a great city like NO. Yeah its a bit humid in the summer and there is the occasional hurricane.
            I think its because they don't spend with the big boys. If you don't spend over the cap you don't win titles.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Funny...just read that Andy Rautins has been waived. I guess we won't have a Rautins joining Magloire. Could have been interesting.
              My thoughts exactly - I know Anthony Carter is the 2nd coming of Derrick Martin, but another 25 y/o player would be nice never-mind the continued Canadian content movement

On the other hand I assume he's a sieve on Defense and a classic tweener guard. Plus I'd shoot myself in the kneecap rather than listen to Leo commenting on the first sub-in of the season...

Either way I hope he finds a home somewhere stateside, although he's a classic euro-pro material and could be much more successful in that situation.
              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Working...
              X