Raptors Acquire "The Rock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Acquire "The Rock"

No, Dwayne Johnson hasn't gone Master P on us to pursue an NBA career. The Raptors have literally purchased a giant rock to help inspire the team and bring them together as a unit. I guess this is better than Triano's "protect the house" garbage from last year, and from the comments of the players, they seem to be buying into it. Whatever it takes.

I heard that it can play center.

Comment

For those too lazy to click

Source: TorontoStar.com

I think this is awesome - a little cheesy - but still awesome. The message is clear: keep banging away. And what else can you ask of a young team?

The older vets don't need this kind of stuff. For many of them that is why they have lasted so long in the league. The key here is the young guys. The rock gives them a bond, something to remember when times get tough - and they will. That rock is not going to be split this year. For the core moving forward it is something to remember for the next couple of years and if that rock is not split in possibly 2 and maybe 3 years, few in the organization from BC to Casey on down to the young players currently on the roster will likely no longer be here.

Comment

well at least its better than having "the Brick" i guess. LOL

Comment

Props for the thread title. One thing I'm noticing about Casey he is a Tony Robbins in the waiting. First the whole "Not rebuilding but building" thing then this. I get what he's trying to do -- create culture where it's sorely lacking. But, now we're going to be the dinosaur team with a rock in the dressing room. Is that a good thing?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            Props for the thread title. One thing I'm noticing about Casey he is a Tony Robbins in the waiting. First the whole "Not rebuilding but building" thing then this. I get what he's trying to do -- create culture where it's sorely lacking. But, now we're going to be the dinosaur team with a rock in the dressing room. Is that a good thing?

Damn... I didn't think of that.

Still liking the symbolism though.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              well at least its better than having "the Brick" i guess. LOL
              OMG I spit up my wine

Comment

!!
                like this!?

So excited for the season to start!

I have an extra pair for preseason game if anybody is interested.
                Section 319 Row 16
                for $10!
                Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
                Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
                Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

$50 million foot.
                  If history is any indication then if there's a loose rock Bargnani is probably the least likely person to be on the scene first.

Interesting symbolism. Casey is creative, I'll give him that.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    I sure hope he has more substance behind him than Tony Robbins does.

Comment

What about a giant cup of Tim's or the Stanley Cup made of tin foil?
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I'm all for motivating & team unity & all that, but since when was 'pounding the rock' a good thing? I've always equated it with a PG who stood at the top of the key, dribbling away, waiting for something to happen. Is it just me?
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                          I'm all for motivating & team unity & all that, but since when was 'pounding the rock' a good thing? I've always equated it with a PG who stood at the top of the key, dribbling away, waiting for something to happen. Is it just me?
                          that's exactly what I thought!
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I'm all for good inspirational ideas. But I'd be more impressed if Casey actually came up with this idea, instead of stealing it from San Antonio and Miami...

Comment

You sure they made it up... and together?

Comment

Working...
                              X