Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Working On Mid-Range Shot

Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/RaptorsP...n?feature=mhee

It's encouraging to see. But the quickness of his release doesn't seem much different than last year.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      It's encouraging to see. But the quickness of his release doesn't seem much different than last year.
      Are you sure? I thought it was quicker. I timed my game time bathroom breaks around Amir's jumper.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        really? seems like he is shooting way quicker. Last season amir would get the ball, look to see how far his defender was , confirm that he was wide open, look at the basket, bend his knees and then slowly stand up and realease the ball. his shot still isnt perfect but its absoloutley better then before.

Comment

They sped up the video shoot.

Seriously tho, it is faster to my eye. Hope it transfers well to a game.

Comment

It looks much faster.

Comment

last year it took him like the entire shot clock to release. I could drink a cup of tea, take a shower, hit 3 jump shots, circle my house 4 times and come back and he still wouldn't have released it.

Comment

Definitely faster. He's not bringing the ball down so low and off beside his hip like he was. Though being a big man, it would be nice if he could take a shot without bringing the ball down so far to trigger his shooting motion. He's liable to get stripped by weak side defenders. Mind you, even with an improved jumpshot, he shouldn't be taking more than 3 or so a game.

Comment

Significantly faster, He should only be shooting when he happens to be open anyway, If he is open, that is a fast enough release that he should be able to get it off. Of course, he does that a couple of times a game and his defender won't be leaving him open and then he won't be quick enough. But that is the point, right. Cause if his guy is guarding him more closely, that opens it up for Andrea to role to the basket and take a bounce pass from Amir before jamming it down for a 2 + 1.

Comment

lol, not sure why I was expecting to see Ray Allen like quickness out of Amir

But one thing he can do is have his knees bent before receiving the pass. I'm not sure why more shooters don't instill that habit. Once the ball's in his hands, all he'd have to do is rise up and release the shot (anyone remember the time, tested, and true "triple threat stance"?).

But catching, then bending down, then rising up, and then releasing adds a few split seconds to his mechanics, which could be the difference between an open and a contested jumper (I'm nit-picking, I know....but still).

Comment

Oh, so now I get it. The guy added all that mass to help his mid range game? What? It's nice to see him bettering himself but what the Raptors need is guys who can bang down low in the paint. He added the weight so why isn't it his focus? Battling in the paint isn't flashy but it sure is effective, especially during periods when the momentum is lost. It slows things downs and opens up better percentages.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Oh, so now I get it. The guy added all that mass to help his mid range game? What? It's nice to see him bettering himself but what the Raptors need is guys who can bang down low in the paint. He added the weight so why isn't it his focus? Battling in the paint isn't flashy but it sure is effective, especially during periods when the momentum is lost. It slows things downs and opens up better percentages.
                        Maybe they plan to work on that aspect of his game once his ankle is 100%.

Comment

Must be tough getting your legs into your shot with a bad ankle.

Comment

Working...
                          X