No announcement yet.

DeAndre Jordan vs Amir Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of ESPN's criticism of Amir's contract was made after the contract was signed, but before last season started. By looking at his 2009-10 stats alone (which is probably what most ESPN "analysts" did), Amir's 6 points and 5 rebs in 18 mins certainly doesn't warrant his fat contract offer. But Colangelo obviously saw some upside, gambled, and so far it's paid off. I haven't heard any US media criticism of Amir's contract since then.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I think a lot of ESPN's criticism of Amir's contract was made after the contract was signed, but before last season started. By looking at his 2009-10 stats alone (which is probably what most ESPN "analysts" did), Amir's 6 points and 5 rebs in 18 mins certainly doesn't warrant his fat contract offer. But Colangelo obviously saw some upside, gambled, and so far it's paid off. I haven't heard any US media criticism of Amir's contract since then.
      It also didn't help that they reported it as $35M and I do not recall there ever being a correction immediately after the true value came out.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        While writing my latest blog post, I realized something that I thought would interest a few people around here...

http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...har-she-blows/

It's enough to make you think.
        i think you're becoming the new buddahfan with your amir comparisons and such. speaking of which what happened to that guy?did he die or what?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          i think you're becoming the new buddahfan with your amir comparisons and such. speaking of which what happened to that guy?did he die or what?
          Hey, at least I've never said he's going to be an All-Star.

As for Buddahfan, I've seen him posting at Raptors HQ, so he's still alive.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You may not have said all-star, but Amir is aiming for defensive player of the year

Comment

good to know, that's a site i will not be joining
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Well, I won't be visiting that site.

Comment

that is not a site i will be visiting

Comment

youre spending 20 mil and rising on a position that isnt solidified : bargs = terrible d and ed/amir = learning. once ed finishes his rookie contract we'll be spending half the cap space on the pf position and we still wont even have an allstar at that position.

me thinks we are overpaying for the pf position.

Comment

Working...
                    X