eric bledsoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying that people consider bayless the next superstar but I think a lot of people are overrating his potential and pay like a starter when he hasn't even proved himself a starter - just like a raptor management thing to do (see amir, bayless and bargs).
    Sorry, I meant amir, jose and bargs as being overpaid

Additional note: Play our cards right we may have a top 5 in every position in the future

Comment

raptors2012 wrote: View Post
      Ok.. changes bayless' name to amir.. doesn't matter.

My point is that the bledsoe is not what we need and what we do need is a future PG. I'd prefer to have a wroten or kabango to bayless because they're more of a PG while bayless looks for his own shot first. Therefore, we should try to get a late-mid first rounder to pick up a future PG - top of this draft is PF heavy and PGs are sure to go lower. This draft you're not going to get that much more of a sure thing at 20 than at 31 but more importantly, the clips are not looking to rebuild anymore which means that their picks (unless it's like a top 5 pick) will not mean so much to them.

You say bayless should be given the reigns of the team yet you're also quick to mention that 3 teams have traded him. How much do you think the raptors will overpay bayless when we have people in TO (like yourself) think that he might be some amazing player? I've been saying for the longest time that we should trade bosh (since he signed his second contract) but the raps put all their hopes for a title on a person that was totally overrated. I'm not saying that people consider bayless the next superstar but I think a lot of people are overrating his potential and pay like a starter when he hasn't even proved himself a starter - just like a raptor management thing to do (see amir, bayless and bargs).

Yes, they could get a SF for cheap but they could also get a PF/C for cheap too. Doesn't mean that they'll be any good.

In any case, I think we will probably draft either davis or drummond (even though we have too many PFs) because 1. we will suck this year and 2. they're probably the best players to pick. Which means that we still need a future SF & PG ... which we can use our other pieces to acquire and probably get the missing (potential star) piece by overpaying because of we can afford to will all the others on their rookie contracts.

Last note: who builds their team by saying "yes, we managed to secure a backup PG. Now to find our starter"?
      You really thought this out, only thing is, the Clippers would never do it. Ever....

Comment

Clips don't have their pick. It's going to Boston. Just mentioning it because there's really no reason to trade a chip for Bledsoe unless there's a sweetener. The guy can't run an offense at all, and the Raps don't have a point forward of any kind on their roster. Terrible fit.

Comment

Bledsoe is only 16 months younger than Bayless, not a big gap, nor is there a gap in what they bring to a team either. Changing those two players is a complete wash, no advantage at all.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
          X