X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    cov·et/ˈkəvit/Verb: Yearn to possess or have (something).

Synonyms: crave - desire - hanker - lust

this is the video i will post everytime i read something funny now.

Leave a comment:

• Edgar
    replied
    Fully wrote: View Post
    Kleiza's contract and bionic knees make him impossible to move for the time being. The Raptors don't really stand to gain anything by buying him out or amnestying him as they have no use for the cap room right now anyway. Their best bet is to sit on him and see if he can get healthy enough to restore his value.
    The only issue I could see with keeping Kleiza this year is the fact that we can only amnesty 1 player per offseason - meaning that if neither player pans out for us - next summer we would have to choose between him and Calderon.

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    The Raptors have a number of young role players with potential for development on the roster right now. What the rebuild process needs is one or two star players to complete the process (yeah, no kidding). The way free agency goes these days, the Raptors obviously need things to fall into place through the draft like it did for OKC. You know, very lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Fully
    replied
    If the market rises for Barbosa this season and Colangelo is able to get a first rounder or another young, inexpensive asset back in return then I'd expect him to be moved. Worst case scenario is he plays the year in Toronto and we get the cap room this summer when his deal comes off the books. No matter what scenario plays out, the Raptors stand to benefit to some degree.

Calderon has more value on the Raptors then he would on the trade market. His contract is bloated to the point that if you trade him, you're just going to end up with some other team's damaged goods in return. He's still an effective player in Toronto despite being overpaid, and trading him means that the Raptors will be turning over 48 minutes of point guard time a night to the combo of Bayless and Anthony Carter. That would bring new meaning to the term "bottoming out".

I could see him being moved next year as an expiring deal or possibly amnestied in the summer if the Raptors need the cap room to land a big free agent or two. I don't think he's going anywhere this year however.

Kleiza's contract and bionic knees make him impossible to move for the time being. The Raptors don't really stand to gain anything by buying him out or amnestying him as they have no use for the cap room right now anyway. Their best bet is to sit on him and see if he can get healthy enough to restore his value.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Send LB to the Lakers for the Mavs 1st (sent to LAL for Odom). Would be a late pick but of value I think for bundling or choosing.

Leave a comment:

• SandmanFan
    replied
    I'd like to see Jose play out his career here and resign a backup deal after his current contract expires but I will admit that idea has a lot of emotion tied to it rather than logic. I like a PG that disributes like Jose and would love to have him mentor a guy like Kabongo or Kendall Marshall.

A recent SUN article makes it sound like Bayless is going to be tried out as Barbosa 2.0, making the original (older) Barbosa tradable at the deadline. IMO the most likely of any Raptor to be traded this season. Of course if his body doesn't hold up that's all moot.

Kleiza is a mystery. Last season he was coming off a brilliant international tournament and all of a sudden couldn't do shit on the court. The big reveal: injured, requires surgery. I'd like to see him healthy and see if he can provide value off the bench. At only 26 he is certainly of an age to fit into the rebuild
    Last edited by SandmanFan; Fri Dec 16, 2011, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• c_bcm
    replied
    So do we still need draft picks? We'll already have 2 first-round rookies coming in next year. Do we really need 3? I'm not sure what to do, but I don't think trading Barbosa for trade picks is a good idea. But then again, I don't get paid millions of dollars a year to think about it full-time.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    'covet'?
    cov·et/ˈkəvit/Verb: Yearn to possess or have (something).

Synonyms: crave - desire - hanker - lust

Leave a comment:

• Lark Benson
    replied
    I think Barbosa will definitely get dealt, the question is when. In this shortened season there are bound to be injuries on teams that are contenders or looking to make a deep playoff push: all BC has to do is sit back and wait for the desperation to kick in, then swoop in with an offer. My hope is that he can squeeze a late first round pick out of someone.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Considering we literally haven't heard a work from Barbosa yet, I'm going to guess BC is shopping his Expiring contract pretty hard. And with Jamal Crawford now signed in Portland, teams will covet Barbosa's Sixth man potential.
    Yeh, notably Sacramento missed out as a finalist for Crawford's services ... and the Knicks and Pacers also had offers to him.

Not sure what a package from any of these squads would be for LB, but worth looking into.
    I'm sure we could get Salmons or Garcia from Sacto if we wanted them ... probably don't.
    Knicks don't have any sizeable contracts outside of their big 3.
    Pacers could have a package of interest built around Brandon Rush, but I personally would rather keep LB for his contributions this year.

Leave a comment:

• yertu damkule
    replied
    Considering we literally haven't heard a work from Barbosa yet, I'm going to guess BC is shopping his Expiring contract pretty hard. And with Jamal Crawford now signed in Portland, teams will covet Barbosa's Sixth man potential.
    'covet'?

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    It could be because of his knee tendinitis, which has kept him out of the last few workouts.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    The Rawth wrote: View Post
    Tbh, i dont really like the sound of Gray at all. He 'fits' the rebuild in the way that hes cheap and a lump of lard to 'brick' the center position but if he gets more than bench minutes hes not going to help at all. His downsides outweigh his ups (cue Bargs haters), i just dont see how he can contribute more than nothing.
    Gray isn't part of the rebuild though. He's on a 1 year deal, and will most likely be gone when this team turns the corner and becomes a playoff threat.

Leave a comment:

• The Rawth
    replied
    Tbh, i dont really like the sound of Gray at all. He 'fits' the rebuild in the way that hes cheap and a lump of lard to 'brick' the center position but if he gets more than bench minutes hes not going to help at all. His downsides outweigh his ups (cue Bargs haters), i just dont see how he can contribute more than nothing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X