Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Risk For Teams To Take With Amnesty Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Risk For Teams To Take With Amnesty Now?

do you think teams will have less of a problem giving second banana or third wheel guys bigger or more bloated contracts now with the Amnesty as plan b now?

not that they had much of a problem with it before. Hello, Elton Brand, Baron Davis, Hedo Turkoglu and a million other shitty players with big contracts.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    do you think teams will have less of a problem giving second banana or third wheel guys bigger or more bloated contracts now with the Amnesty as plan b now?

not that they had much of a problem with it before. Hello, Elton Brand, Baron Davis, Hedo Turkoglu and a million other shitty players with big contracts.
    You can only amnesty players signed before the current CBA. So the amnesty rule won't affect future signings.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

really, i did not know that. I feel like Seth Rogen from 50/50 when he found out Patrick Swayze was actually dead.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        really, i did not know that. I feel like Seth Rogen from 50/50 when he found out Patrick Swayze was actually dead.
        GOod movie.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          You can only amnesty players signed before the current CBA. So the amnesty rule won't affect future signings.
          Further to this, you can only use the amnesty on players on your own roster from the old CBA. Traded players cannot be amnestied.

Comment

There is always the stretch amnesty that can still be used on any new signings. It's the twice the years + 1 year rule. So if you sign a guy for $10M for 2 years.. you can amnesty him by paying his salary in 5 years (2x2 +1). So your cap hit would be $2M for 5 years instead of $10M for 2 years.

I believe if you use the stretch rule, the player must be placed on the waiver wire and can be signed as a free agent by another team.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              GOod movie.
              ya, it was actually quite funny.

"I nailed that cunt, can you believe that?"

girl just walks away in disbelief

"oh shit, I'm sorry, I usually don't talk like that."

Comment

Working...
              X