Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michel G
    replied
    I agree with LBF, the team after the departure of Bosh was horrible. So blaming Triano is the easy thing to do. Management realized that a change of culture was required to start the rebuild properly. That's hard to do when your head coach had been on the sideline in one capacity or another for 8 to 9 years. How long was Triano part of the coaching staff? He had to go and the Raptors needed a new voice.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    because it's not his fault we had a shit ass team.
    And yet he was responsible for the play calling, time out calling, substitutions...regardless of whether one feels he was poor developmental or defensive teaching coach, the evidence of the piss-poor actions of the first 3 say a pile.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    True, but it IS his fault for not instilling any good habits despite a shit ass team. The element of discipline just wasn't there with Triano.

He's like one of those parents who's more concerned about his kids liking him, than making sure they grow up to be responsible adults.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Dec 20, 2011, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Why not? He deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Prior to hiring Casey, I was one of the guys hoping Lawrence Frank would get the gig. I desperately wanted a guy with significant/successful NBA head coaching experience (unlike Brendan Malone, Darryl Walker, Butch Carter, Sam Mitchell, and Jay Triano).

So far, I really like what Casey's been preaching in interviews, and I find his motivational techniques to be a welcome change. But I'll be curiously watching the Pistons to see how much they improve (if at all) under Frank.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    hey, easy. don't be so hard on triano.
    Why not? He deserves it.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Other than drafting Val, getting Casey/making Triano gtfo was by far our most important move.
    hey, easy. don't be so hard on triano.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    we all love casey now but lets see as the season goes on. i'm worried about the offense and potential hot potato play calling at the end of games. it really doesn't help we have a go-to scorer.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    It is way too early to talk about Casey's handling of the team in my opinion, but I'm loving the kinds of things he's talking about in interviews. Actions definitely speak loader than words, but the things he talks about put a smile on my face.

The real challenge will be complacency. If a player has a bad game (specifically on the defensive end), I would love to know how Casey reacts to that said individual. I wonder if he would use the press to call that individual out, or to see if either that player gets benched or reacts positively to Casey's reaction.

Demar had a very lousy defensive game against Boston. I wonder if anything will be said to him. He will obviously still start, but you can only give someone so much rope. Although in Demar's 'defense'.. defending Allen is a tough task.
    Accountability is crucial as is the elimination of double standards within the team.

I truly hope Casey uses this year to set the tone for what will hopefully be a long and successful tenure.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    It is way too early to talk about Casey's handling of the team in my opinion, but I'm loving the kinds of things he's talking about in interviews. Actions definitely speak loader than words, but the things he talks about put a smile on my face.

The real challenge will be complacency. If a player has a bad game (specifically on the defensive end), I would love to know how Casey reacts to that said individual. I wonder if he would use the press to call that individual out, or to see if either that player gets benched or reacts positively to Casey's reaction.

Demar had a very lousy defensive game against Boston. I wonder if anything will be said to him. He will obviously still start, but you can only give someone so much rope. Although in Demar's 'defense'.. defending Allen is a tough task.

Leave a comment:

• yertu damkule
    replied
    i do like casey a great deal, and am very happy with the hire, for all the reasons that have been mentioned. so far, things are looking good. but i hope we temper our expectations somewhat. this is still a bad team, and before seasons start, TO fans (of all sports) have a penchant for understanding exactly what their team is, what the expectations are for that team that year, are all on board with the philosophy...and then we lose our collective shit if they start 2-8. it's going to be a tough year, and it won't always be easy to see improvement if we let Ws & Ls get in the way...i hope the fans/media are patient with casey and give him the time/space he needs.

Leave a comment:

• Vincent
    replied
    Maleko wrote: View Post
    Definitely need to add Casey to the list of the analysis, and that alone bumps the grade.
    I agree that Casey was a great hire. I always liked Jay and being a Canadian had a lot to do with it. However Jay was not getting the job done. Perhaps a few solid veterns like Casey has now might have helped Jay because he was not able to hold his players accountable.

Casey is very respected in the NBA and he did an outstanding job in Dallas. Most people feel that Casey was not given a real opportunity to show what he could do when he coached Minnesota. Perhaps he is the guy that can get Andrea to fully buy in to the program, and be a more complete player. I don't think there is any issue with Bargnani's phycial skills, the real problem is the area between his ears or his perceived lack of desire.

Bottom line Casey definately should have been mentioned and the Raptors should have been given a B+.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    Maybe he forgot about GARY FORBES
    You mean the same Gary Forbes listed second in among the names in key additions??

Definitely need to add Casey to the list of the analysis, and that alone bumps the grade.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Maybe he forgot about GARY FORBES

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Very fair. I'd go with B+ but whatever. We'll see what Casey can do on offense.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X