X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I think that's the right grade. Colangelo stuck to his game plan. He got veterans with 1 year deals, and is looking to 2012 to make a splash.
    I agree.

I think Casey deserves mention, too. This is a whole philosophical shift along the sidelines, a 180 compared to the majority of BC's time here (whoops, I just saw WhatWhat's comment saying the same thing).

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I think that's the right grade. Colangelo stuck to his game plan. He got veterans with 1 year deals, and is looking to 2012 to make a splash.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    Other than drafting Val, getting Casey/making Triano gtfo was by far our most important move.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I had seen this and was wondering what Ford had to say. He's one of the very few 'journalists' I respect at ESPN.

Quite surprised at the Grade actually. I guess alot of that is based of JV.

Leave a comment:

• Prime
    started a topic [ESPN Insider] Offseason grades; Raptors get a B

[ESPN Insider] Offseason grades; Raptors get a B

TORONTO RAPTORS

Key additions: Jonas Valanciunas (draft), Gary Forbes (FA), Rasual Butler (FA), Aaron Gray (FA), Anthony Carter (FA), Jamaal Magloire (FA)

Key subtractions: Sonny Weems

GM Bryan Colangelo got a second lease on his job this offseason. With the pressure off, he is wisely preaching patience as he rebuilds the Raptors in the wake of Chris Bosh's defection last year.

The team got off to a great start when it landed what could be the steal of the draft, Lithuanian big man Jonas Valanciunas, with the No. 5 pick. The Raptors took a gamble, knowing Valanciunas can't play in the NBA this season. But he is worth the risk. The team is in dire need of help in the middle, and when he comes over, he should be a franchise type of center.

The Raptors will try to repeat that haul in the 2012 draft -- widely considered one of the strongest in the past five years. They won't be very good this season, but a high draft choice will be balm to that wound. The Raptors are eyeing about $15 million in cap space next summer too (even more if they choose to grant amnesty to Jose Calderon or Linas Kleiza then) and feel that next year's free-agent class has a lot more potential.

GRADE: B
    Source
Working...
X