Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps after Kyrylo Fesenko? UPDATE: GSW did not sign, going to Mavs?, Raps no interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez
    replied
    Should probably still kick the tires on him since who knows what's going on with Gray's heart

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    No longer going to GSW, Raps no longer interested

Fesenko had committed to signing with the Warriors earlier this week, but sources told ESPN.com that Golden State and Fesenko "mutally" canceled their plans to finalize a one-year deal worth just under $1.1 million, in part because Fesenko needs an additional week or two to get into game shape after September knee surgery.

Sources said Fesenko is now leaning toward accepting the Mavs' one-year minimum offer and is likely to make a decision by early next week.

Toronto and Miami were also known to be chasing Fesenko along with the Mavs when the 25-year-old chose Golden State, but one source close to the process said Friday that the Raptors have withdrawn from the chase. Another source said Friday that the Memphis Grizzlies also have interest in the 7-foot-1, 290-pounder, but the Grizzlies' 15th and final roster is reportedly reserved for the re-signing of Hamed Haddadi.
    Soure:ESPN.com

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    sam_amick Sam Amick
    Fesenko's one-year deal with Golden State is for the rest of the Ws' cap space: approx $1.07 million, source says.
    sam_amick Sam Amick
    Source tells SI.com that big man Kyrylo Fesenko has agreed to a one-year deal with Golden State.

Looks like GSW have signed him.

Leave a comment:

• Hello
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Would the raps be better off pursuing Nate Robinson? I'm just wondering.
    NO.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Would the raps be better off pursuing Nate Robinson? I'm just wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Haddock
    replied
    Fesenko would be a decent pickup, he looked good in Utah, had a pretty good build, and even a few offensive weapons. Jerry Sloan clearly wasn't too impressed by his defensive effort, but then again, he never is. Honestly, he reminded me of Rasho from 06-07, without a jumpshot but better hops.
    Then again, I thought Aaron Gray looked okay with Chicago too...

Leave a comment:

• Captain Haddock
    replied
    Fesenko would be a decent pickup, he looked good in Utah, had a pretty good build, and even a few offensive weapons. Jerry Sloan clearly wasn't too impressed by his defensive effort, but then again, he never is. Honestly, he reminded me of Rasho from 06-07, without a jumpshot but better hops.
    Then again, I thought Aaron Gray looked okay with Chicago too...

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied

After watching that I'm interesting. That guy is so quick and has good hustle. I would still like to see Alabi given min though.

He kinda looks like a bigger and stronger version of Jonas...

edit:

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Dec 25th, 2011, 12:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Raptors willing to clear a roster spot for Kyrylo Fesenko

Raps have a filled 15 man roster. Apparently they are looking at a way to clear one spot for Kyrylo.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...kyrylo-fesenko

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    Who thinks Alabi will be here after All Star break.....I don't.
    Last edited by e2thed; Sun Dec 25th, 2011, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Three other teams are known to be chasing the Ukranian: Toronto, Golden State and Miami.

Sources say that the Raptors, with a full 15 players on their roster, are exploring avenues to create an open spot for Fesenko, who turned 25 on Saturday.

Fesenko is expected to take the weekend to choose his destination. It's believed that more money and minutes would be available with either the Raptors or the Warriors, but the lure of signing with a title contender like the Heat or the Mavericks is also strong.

The 7-foot-1, 280-pounder has played sparingly in four seasons with the Jazz after being taken in the second round of the 2007 NBA Draft.
    Source: ESPN.com

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    I alluded to this earlier when I said that it seems that BC was super fast in his signings. It's a bit of a joke when you load up on centres and would want another one. He's like crazy Kahn in Minnesota. Only rather than PGs, he's obsessed with third string centres.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    Fesenko is loads better than Gray but I doubt the Raps are gonna sign him, he's redundant with Gray signed.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    I'd rather see Oliver Miller come back and do The Truffle Shuffle

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    O god... I wish we'd just give Alabi time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X