Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Props to Amir and Jose !!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some Props to Amir and Jose !!!

    So many people say Trade Amir, Trade Jose ... I know this is only 1 game but I hope this stops the haters for atleast a game. With such a compact season both of them will be big time players for this team. If Chris Humphries can average a double double you bet your arse so can Amir (i know one is a PF and one is a C)!!!!

    Also for Jose when you factor in his value don't forget his Ast to TO ratio..

    Jose and Amir if traded will be a major lose to this team.

  • #2
    YoungGuns wrote: View Post
    So many people say Trade Amir, Trade Jose ... I know this is only 1 game but I hope this stops the haters for atleast a game. With such a compact season both of them will be big time players for this team. If Chris Humphries can average a double double you bet your arse so can Amir (i know one is a PF and one is a C)!!!!

    Also for Jose when you factor in his value don't forget his Ast to TO ratio..

    Jose and Amir if traded will be a major lose to this team.
    Amir is extremely valuable. I have not seen many people clamouring to trade him. I hope the Raptors keep Amir as he will be a great 1st big off the bench for years to come - and can start if JV is not ready initially.

    Calderon on the other hand is a different story. He is a useful player but he is also grossly overpaid. He is 30 and will be 31 next season. He has a major injury history and will be playing with Spain all summer preparing for and in the Olympics - this, of course, after 66 NBA games in 122 days. Calderon will not be with the Raptors when the young group of players hit their prime therefore no long term plans should be made for him. In terms of mentorship and leadership, I don't buy it. That has been a quality lacking in Toronto for the past 5-6 - essentially since Oak left town. Calderon is a great guy and a good teammate but those types of players are not difficult to find. As for the veteran leadership, there will always be guys like Anthony Carter out there.

    So in a nutshell, keep Amir and look to better the team with Calderon if an opportunity presents itself.

    Comment


    • #3
      Calderon should retire a Raptor ... he never asked to be traded, he never complained playing for a loser, he never did anything to the organization. I think we should be greatful to him for showing loyality to this team like no one else ever has. Please name me one pg who wants to play in Toronto that is better???

      And mark my words ... If Calderon is gone DeRozan, Amir, Andrea and Davis all look bad. There stats would drop, they would hate it here, and would all pull a Chris Bosh on us.

      Comment


      • #4
        trade jose only if its for a first round pick. at least then we have the chance to draft a PG like Kabongo to replace jose

        Comment


        • #5
          YoungGuns wrote: View Post
          Calderon should retire a Raptor ... he never asked to be traded, he never complained playing for a loser, he never did anything to the organization. I think we should be greatful to him for showing loyality to this team like no one else ever has. Please name me one pg who wants to play in Toronto that is better???

          And mark my words ... If Calderon is gone DeRozan, Amir, Andrea and Davis all look bad. There stats would drop, they would hate it here, and would all pull a Chris Bosh on us.
          It is difficult to have a discussion with so much emotion involved.

          You have absolutely no way of knowing that DD, Amir, Andrea, and ED would all leave because Calderon was traded or left. Also, Calderon led the Raptors to 22 wins last year.... 22 wins. Think about it.... 22 wins.

          As for PG's who wish to play here, I don't know any personally so I can't tell you. However, if the Raptors offer a 3 year, $30M contract to Raymond Felton this summer, unless Portland offers the same, I do not see him saying no. What about if the Raptors get themselves in a position to draft Myck Kabongo? What if the rumours of Westbrook wanting out of OKC really are true? What if the Raptors can do a sign and trade for RW (personally, I think DD and AMir would much rather play with one of their California chums than Calderon).

          The bottom line is Calderon will likely not be a Raptor past 2012-13 due to age and health. Be prepared and don't forget what so many players constantly repeat in the media, "This is a business."

          Comment


          • #6
            whos RW?

            Comment


            • #7
              NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              whos RW?
              Westbrook. Russell Westbrook.

              Comment


              • #8
                oh sorry

                Comment


                • #9
                  Please don't kid yourself ... all but Andrea would leave at the drop of a hat. Our weakness isn't PG ... its not our strength either thou.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And for the record I am a die hard Raps fan ... I take a 5 hour ride atleast twice a year to watch them play no matter what and watch all there games on tv if possible !!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      All emotion aside, Jose has his strengths that are particularly good on a young team: he stabilizes the offense, he knows how to get the ball to different people, and when he looks for it the right way, he can knock down shots. It's hard to find a real PG who can do that. He's probably not top 10, but he can play a smart game, get everyone involved, and hopefully help you win.

                      As for Amir, I think it's mostly a matter of opinion and there are voices on all sides. Some would say trade him, some would say Bargs and other Ed, and they all have their reasons and they could all make sense depending on the trade, so we'll see what happens. We all know what Amir brings to the table, and if Jonas is a stud, then there's a high chance him or Ed get traded if BC stays in love with Bargs.

                      I think we should chase a PG if we're not looking to the draft for the answer(I'd love to see Kabongo here, but we'll see where he is come draft time). Felton is interesting. Westbrook is too, though I fear we'd have to give up way too much. I think we'd even have an outside shot at Williams. With Lopez injured it will all hinge on if Howard gets traded somewhere else where he would also sign an extension. I think Dallas will make a hard push for him to try and pair him with Dirk to keep the championship window open. Jersey really does not have a lot of attractive young talent. If he becomes an UFA I don't know that many places can offer more than us. I can't see him staying there if he really wants to win and they can't get Howard. We, on the other hand, will be bringing over a possible franchise big (who already is a great pick and roll player), have 2 good complimentary scorers at both the wing and big with Demar and Bargs, good bigs in Amir and Ed, and even James Johnson could be a piece, though SF remains a huge mystery. It may be a fantasy, but it's a sweet one! Bring Deron Williams to Toronto!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        All emotion aside, Jose has his strengths that are particularly good on a young team: he stabilizes the offense, he knows how to get the ball to different people, and when he looks for it the right way, he can knock down shots. It's hard to find a real PG who can do that. He's probably not top 10, but he can play a smart game, get everyone involved, and hopefully help you win.

                        As for Amir, I think it's mostly a matter of opinion and there are voices on all sides. Some would say trade him, some would say Bargs and other Ed, and they all have their reasons and they could all make sense depending on the trade, so we'll see what happens. We all know what Amir brings to the table, and if Jonas is a stud, then there's a high chance him or Ed get traded if BC stays in love with Bargs.

                        I think we should chase a PG if we're not looking to the draft for the answer(I'd love to see Kabongo here, but we'll see where he is come draft time). Felton is interesting. Westbrook is too, though I fear we'd have to give up way too much. I think we'd even have an outside shot at Williams. With Lopez injured it will all hinge on if Howard gets traded somewhere else where he would also sign an extension. I think Dallas will make a hard push for him to try and pair him with Dirk to keep the championship window open. Jersey really does not have a lot of attractive young talent. If he becomes an UFA I don't know that many places can offer more than us. I can't see him staying there if he really wants to win and they can't get Howard. We, on the other hand, will be bringing over a possible franchise big (who already is a great pick and roll player), have 2 good complimentary scorers at both the wing and big with Demar and Bargs, good bigs in Amir and Ed, and even James Johnson could be a piece, though SF remains a huge mystery. It may be a fantasy, but it's a sweet one! Bring Deron Williams to Toronto!
                        You last paragraph sums it up. Calderon isn't the answer long term. That is not personal, it is a number of factors including age, health, and the need for the Raptors to get better at all positions. For guys already on the roster, getting better at all positions can mean personal growth and development. However a guy like Calderon (and Barbosa, too) what you see is what you get. They are not getting better and if anything they are going to get worse.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          YoungGuns wrote: View Post
                          Please don't kid yourself ... all but Andrea would leave at the drop of a hat. Our weakness isn't PG ... its not our strength either thou.
                          Which further shows this is a business and anything the Raptors can do to get better, they should - including trading or amnestying him this summer.


                          *EDIT* Andrea entertained the idea of playing elsewhere this spring/summer while doing the play-by-play in Italy. After the years of abuse (rightly or wrongly) by Raptors fans, who could blame him for thinking about another franchise.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Dec 27, 2011, 08:12 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            YoungGuns wrote: View Post
                            And for the record I am a die hard Raps fan ... I take a 5 hour ride atleast twice a year to watch them play no matter what and watch all there games on tv if possible !!!
                            I think it is fair to say just about everyone around here is a die hard Raps fan.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              You last paragraph sums it up. Calderon isn't the answer long term. That is not personal, it is a number of factors including age, health, and the need for the Raptors to get better at all positions. For guys already on the roster, getting better at all positions can mean personal growth and development. However a guy like Calderon (and Barbosa, too) what you see is what you get. They are not getting better and if anything they are going to get worse.
                              It's also one of the reasons I could see Jose here long term. He would look good as a backup behind a great PG like Williams, and would be a nice change of pace to a guy like Westbrook. The biggest qustion with Jose is does he get amnestied this summer? I don't think need to in order to offer a max contract to someone(not positive), so I guess it depends on what else we would do.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X