Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerryd Bayless : Not the PG of the Future!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerryd Bayless : Not the PG of the Future!?!?

Who thinks J-Bay isn't the PG we need for the future. To me , too many questions arise when it all boils down.

Is he truly a team player?
    Does he know his role?
    Will/can he adjust his pace when asked to?
    Can he live with coming off the bench for his whole entire career with his style of play?
    And last but not least, Will he ever stop turning over the ball like Antoine Wright?

To me the J-Bay experiment is on the cusp of failing.
    Yes
    5.26%
    No.
    94.74%
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Jerryd Bayless : Not the PG of the future!?!?

Poll added.

Comment

While watching those games before his injury, it is obvious to me, he is not even close to a decent PG. But i like an extra activity he ads while he comes in. I think his role is not much PG, but more like score up on their heads. Basically, while letting Bayless on court, Casey don't expect him to play for team the same level as Jose does. I think Bayless is doing his role ( add extra offensive power from the bench, while still doing some PG job) well.
      Casey is mixing def/power, start/bench ppl imo, so we can have at least 3 players able to score at any moment of the game.

Comment

I hope BC is looking for long-term solution outside of the current line-up. Not the draft either, too stocked on other positions.

Any thoughts as to who may be available. Someone to come aboard late this season and start next year with JV and the draft pick?

Comment

Westbrook?

Comment

Kabongo?

Comment

He's definitely looking more like a combo guard. Oh well. I still think that it's too early to call judgement on this (and any player in general), he's only really played 2 games lol. Maybe Casey will force him to watch tape of games he's started and tell him to calm down.

Comment

Bayless will be able to carve out a nice career for himself in the NBA as an instant offense type of guy off of the pine because there's no question that he can score at this level, and it often occurs in bunches. I see a little Barbosa in him, and the other player comparison I would make is Tony Delk.

I don't think he's a starting point guard however, mainly because he struggles with most of the aspects of the position besides looking for his own shot. I know it's only been a few games so far this year but I can recount a couple times where Bayless has dribbled for almost the entire shot clock before firing up a 20 footer with a couple ticks left. He is a shot maker however so he often bails himself out, but that doesn't make him any more of a PG.

Comment

Nolan Smith? Personally, I think he would thrive in Casey's system.

Maybe Alabi + 2012 2nd rounder and some cash for Nolan Smith.
                  Last edited by e2thed; Sat Dec 31, 2011, 05:03 PM.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Was he ever truly crowned the Raptors PG of the future? He has a lot of talent and a lot of potential but he hasn't put it together. It's too early to tell which way he's going to go.

Comment

Right now the pg and sf spot are the biggest areas of concern going forward. I had mentioned
                      Jeremy Pargo in the off season, looks like he is doing well with the Griz.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                        Bayless will be able to carve out a nice career for himself in the NBA as an instant offense type of guy off of the pine because there's no question that he can score at this level, and it often occurs in bunches. I see a little Barbosa in him, and the other player comparison I would make is Tony Delk.

I don't think he's a starting point guard however, mainly because he struggles with most of the aspects of the position besides looking for his own shot. I know it's only been a few games so far this year but I can recount a couple times where Bayless has dribbled for almost the entire shot clock before firing up a 20 footer with a couple ticks left. He is a shot maker however so he often bails himself out, but that doesn't make him any more of a PG.
                        Bang on, couldn't agree more. I've often thought of him as a mini-Blur. He needs to embrace his inner chucker, come in to games and provide instant offence, don't even THINK of making some worthless pass along the perimeter (many of those are picked off anyway). Just get someone to screen for him at the top of the key and beat his man off the dribble. Then, either pull up for a midrange j, or if the lane is open take it to the rack and finish for himself or dish off for a slam. Rinse and repeat. He looks in AGONY when he has to try to involve his teammates, and he's horrible at it. That's not going to change. And he kills his dribble SO MANY TIMES. Ugh. Just stick to what you do best. For 15-18 minutes a night, he could be a game changer in that role.

Comment

I think Bayless given the time to develop will be a useful combo guard coming off the bench. His D isn't bad and he can get his shot off when he wants to. The pass first mentality of a true pg is not JB and so why should he be something that he is not.

Comment

I cringe so often when he is on the floor. He just chucks. I think some people are being too patient, almost "Bargs-patient". Like a lot of people think enough of him to "just give him time". But EFF that, we can clearly see that he doesn't fit send him somewhere he can fit and get something back for him. The more I see Bayless on the floor, the more I want Calderon on the floor.

Comment

God no
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X