Tough Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Schedule

The Raptors play 7 games in 9 days. That's crazy! I hope Casey realizes this and limits Bargnani and Calderon's minutes. I think it's outrageous that the Raptors are playing so many games, even for professionals, that's tough.

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    The Raptors play 7 games in 9 days. That's crazy! I hope Casey realizes this and limits Bargnani and Calderon's minutes. I think it's outrageous that the Raptors are playing so many games, even for professionals, that's tough.
    Every team in the league is facing a tough stretch at one point or another in the schedule. Included in this stretch is the back-to-back-to-back that every team will have at least one of this season. Every team has the same number of days to get in 66 games.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Every team in the league is facing a tough stretch at one point or another in the schedule. Included in this stretch is the back-to-back-to-back that every team will have at least one of this season. Every team has the same number of days to get in 66 games.
      Really? Didn't check the schedule, but I guess that's logical. I guess it's better to have a tough stretch early in the season rather than when the playoffs are nearing.

Comment

I think Casey should do the opposite of that. I think he should play Bargs as much as is needed for the team to win and be competitive, and if that means 40 minutes each night then so be it. The last thing Bargs needs is someone to help him take his foot off the pedal. The expectations for him have to continue to be set in place. He's our best player, and best players need to rise to the occasion. So suck it up and perform. Because this team will go as he goes.
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Ed should see plenty of minutes along with Amir.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Raptors upcoming schedule: Fri 1/6 Nets | Sat 1/7 @76ers | Mon 1/9 T'Wolves | Tue 1/10 @Wizards | Wed 1/11 Kings | Fri 1/13 Pacers | Sat 1/14 @Bulls | Mon 1/16 @Hawks

Perfect schedule to begin the tanking.

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
              I think Casey should do the opposite of that. I think he should play Bargs as much as is needed for the team to win and be competitive, and if that means 40 minutes each night then so be it. The last thing Bargs needs is someone to help him take his foot off the pedal. The expectations for him have to continue to be set in place. He's our best player, and best players need to rise to the occasion. So suck it up and perform. Because this team will go as he goes.
              I'm not sure about this. It is a marathon not a race. A compressed season without training camp and 40+ minutes a night is a recipe for injuries. That's where AB will go if his minutes aren't managed properly.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                Really? Didn't check the schedule, but I guess that's logical. I guess it's better to have a tough stretch early in the season rather than when the playoffs are nearing.
                Agreed. Raps have nothing to complain about since every team is affected equally by this condensed schedule. Some might say we actually got lucky not having two back-2-back-2-back sets like some teams have.

EDIT: This was supposed to be in response to Matt's post.

Comment

ED should only get extra minutes if he is earning them. Last year was their only chance to get minutes despite performance (done in the name of development). This year they get minutes because of performance. Time for our boys to man up and get theirs.
                  Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    I'm not sure about this. It is a marathon not a race. A compressed season without training camp and 40+ minutes a night is a recipe for injuries. That's where AB will go if his minutes aren't managed properly.
                    I'm not saying that its a marathon. Just that he needs to do what it takes for this team to win. Sure there will be times when he needs rest, but this team needs wins and Bargs needs to continue showing that he's not a nancy. Look at Amir last year. Perfect example. Playing through pain and discomfort because this team needed him. No different for Bargs this year. If he's our go to guy, then he needs to lead by example. No rest.
                    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      Raptors upcoming schedule: Fri 1/6 Nets | Sat 1/7 @76ers | Mon 1/9 T'Wolves | Tue 1/10 @Wizards | Wed 1/11 Kings | Fri 1/13 Pacers | Sat 1/14 @Bulls | Mon 1/16 @Hawks

Perfect schedule to begin the tanking.
                      Tough for the time crunch ... but I see some W's in there against weak opponents like NJ, MIN, WAS, SAC.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                        Tough for the time crunch ... but I see some W's in there against weak opponents like NJ, MIN, WAS, SAC.
                        Agreed on 3 of 4. Minnesota (2-4) is no joke anymore. They have not lost a game by less than 4 to some good competition (OKC, Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis, Milwaukee).

Comment

You should look at who we're facing after the 7 games in 9 days

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                            If he's our go to guy, then he needs to lead by example. No rest.
                            Bargs leading by example means setting good screens, crashing the boards and hedging hard for the full time he's on the floor... And maybe putting the ball through the twine on occasion.

Its next to impossible to do that when you have no energy because you're being run ragged with almost no days off in between games.

Comment

Raptors can beat anyone and everyone, except Miami (IMO), if they try hard on both ends of the court.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X