Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough Schedule

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mikeyraps
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    your crazy if you think that. We got man handled by the nets. the 76ers might go either way, the T wolves are new and improved with Calderon Junior aka Ricky rubio, Wizards game is winnable, Kings as well, pacers no, bulls no, and Hawks no. Now lets see.. we'll be lucky to even go 3 - 4.
    I wasn't thinking crazy...just optimistically.

    Leave a comment:


  • NoPropsneeded
    replied
    your crazy if you think that. We got man handled by the nets. the 76ers might go either way, the T wolves are new and improved with Calderon Junior aka Ricky rubio, Wizards game is winnable, Kings as well, pacers no, bulls no, and Hawks no. Now lets see.. we'll be lucky to even go 3 - 4.

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeyraps
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Raptors upcoming schedule: Fri 1/6 Nets | Sat 1/7 @76ers | Mon 1/9 T'Wolves | Tue 1/10 @Wizards | Wed 1/11 Kings | Fri 1/13 Pacers | Sat 1/14 @Bulls | Mon 1/16 @Hawks

    Perfect schedule to begin the tanking.
    There is no reason why The Raptors can't go 6-2 here.

    Leave a comment:


  • draftedraptor
    replied
    Productivity is the key. I don't think Bargnani and Calderon can go 7 games in 9 days at 30min+. Rather than spend all those minutes get beaten on the floor they can let our second team have their shot. Ed Davis should get major minutes if he rebounds aggressively. So will JJ if he works hard. If our youngsters fail Casey will opt for Magloire and Carter who will bore us to death with their veteran play but get the job done.

    Leave a comment:


  • RapthoseLeafs
    replied
    c_bcm wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying that its a marathon. Just that he needs to do what it takes for this team to win. Sure there will be times when he needs rest, but this team needs wins and Bargs needs to continue showing that he's not a nancy. Look at Amir last year. Perfect example. Playing through pain and discomfort because this team needed him. No different for Bargs this year. If he's our go to guy, then he needs to lead by example. No rest.
    That was a mistake.

    If we lose games because players (with injuries) are being sat out, so be it. I want to win, but next year (and beyond) means much more.

    .

    Leave a comment:


  • e2thed
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ya but other gmes against the Kings and Washington are on the a back to back and back to back to back so we can easily lose them. I think you're underestimating the Wolves.
    Can't wait to see Jose and Ricky go ham on each other.

    Leave a comment:


  • RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Tough for the time crunch ... but I see some W's in there against weak opponents like NJ, MIN, WAS, SAC.

    Ya but other gmes against the Kings and Washington are on the a back to back and back to back to back so we can easily lose them. I think you're underestimating the Wolves.

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    Gman wrote: View Post
    You aren't saying it's a marathon, but Balls Of Steel was. And that's because it is a marathon. Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. You have to manage your players minutes or else in this most extraordinary of circumstances you could injure the player in a way that they can't play. Period. You can't gut out certain injuries. And Amir when he was hurt didn't play anywhere near as well as he did when he wasn't, so ergo, it's better not to have players hurt, right?

    Don't be surprised if there are dark horse teams this year that outperform expectations simply because they were able to stay healthy whereas some of the top teams will get hit with injuries and fall from grace. It happens every year, but this year everybody is on tenterhooks waiting for it to happen...just ask San Antonio.
    Imagine history repeats and San Antonio get the top pick in a good draft year. We are a Parker or Timmy D injury away from that possibly happening.

    Leave a comment:


  • Puffer
    replied
    Gman wrote: View Post
    You aren't saying it's a marathon, but Balls Of Steel was. And that's because it is a marathon. Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. You have to manage your players minutes or else in this most extraordinary of circumstances you could injure the player in a way that they can't play. Period. You can't gut out certain injuries. And Amir when he was hurt didn't play anywhere near as well as he did when he wasn't, so ergo, it's better not to have players hurt, right?

    Don't be surprised if there are dark horse teams this year that outperform expectations simply because they were able to stay healthy whereas some of the top teams will get hit with injuries and fall from grace. It happens every year, but this year everybody is on tenterhooks waiting for it to happen...just ask San Antonio.
    +1

    Well said.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gman
    replied
    c_bcm wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying that its a marathon. Just that he needs to do what it takes for this team to win. Sure there will be times when he needs rest, but this team needs wins and Bargs needs to continue showing that he's not a nancy. Look at Amir last year. Perfect example. Playing through pain and discomfort because this team needed him. No different for Bargs this year. If he's our go to guy, then he needs to lead by example. No rest.
    You aren't saying it's a marathon, but Balls Of Steel was. And that's because it is a marathon. Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. You have to manage your players minutes or else in this most extraordinary of circumstances you could injure the player in a way that they can't play. Period. You can't gut out certain injuries. And Amir when he was hurt didn't play anywhere near as well as he did when he wasn't, so ergo, it's better not to have players hurt, right?

    Don't be surprised if there are dark horse teams this year that outperform expectations simply because they were able to stay healthy whereas some of the top teams will get hit with injuries and fall from grace. It happens every year, but this year everybody is on tenterhooks waiting for it to happen...just ask San Antonio.

    Leave a comment:


  • e2thed
    replied
    Raptors can beat anyone and everyone, except Miami (IMO), if they try hard on both ends of the court.

    Leave a comment:


  • AJ360
    replied
    c_bcm wrote: View Post
    If he's our go to guy, then he needs to lead by example. No rest.
    Bargs leading by example means setting good screens, crashing the boards and hedging hard for the full time he's on the floor... And maybe putting the ball through the twine on occasion.

    Its next to impossible to do that when you have no energy because you're being run ragged with almost no days off in between games.

    Leave a comment:


  • DG88
    replied
    You should look at who we're facing after the 7 games in 9 days

    Leave a comment:


  • mcHAPPY
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Tough for the time crunch ... but I see some W's in there against weak opponents like NJ, MIN, WAS, SAC.
    Agreed on 3 of 4. Minnesota (2-4) is no joke anymore. They have not lost a game by less than 4 to some good competition (OKC, Miami, Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis, Milwaukee).

    Leave a comment:


  • Papa Burgundy
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Raptors upcoming schedule: Fri 1/6 Nets | Sat 1/7 @76ers | Mon 1/9 T'Wolves | Tue 1/10 @Wizards | Wed 1/11 Kings | Fri 1/13 Pacers | Sat 1/14 @Bulls | Mon 1/16 @Hawks

    Perfect schedule to begin the tanking.
    Tough for the time crunch ... but I see some W's in there against weak opponents like NJ, MIN, WAS, SAC.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X