Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jersey Nets - Jan 6th game

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Jersey Nets - Jan 6th game

    Trap game anyone? D will is active (as is mr kardashian)

  • #2
    Top 5 pick is looking good
    Foot Locker Deals

    Comment


    • #3
      Hump > Raptors.

      BTW It's ridiculous how Bargs didn't get the ball in the 3rd/4th.

      Comment


      • #4
        Guess what, Bargs didn't eat that primo pasta like he was supposed to, and DeMar didn't gangbang like he usually does for good luck before games, thats why we lost.

        And Jose, well he just looked like a matador who got impaled out there, and the bull was Deron Williams.
        Last edited by e2thed; Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 09:41 PM.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Welp,
          @sweatpantsjer

          Comment


          • #6
            Next time I'll let Casey know when I get that feeling.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oops!

              Wtf happened. Power outage.

              Comment


              • #8
                Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him. Right now is the era of the Guards especially point guards i think we need a younger and more athletic PG. I'm not saying jose is bad he's great but i think he would do better off the bench especially when we're facing a team with an elite PG like D Will, Rose, Westbrook or CP3. As for Bargnani, his rebounding was terrible, most of the time he was just standing there not trying to jump for the ball. I saw multiple possessions when he let Humphries or petro just grab the offensive rebound and put it back he didn't even try to box out or fight for the rebound. You can brag all you want about his scoring and how his defense is improved but his rebounding is still crap, i mean rasual butler is better at grabbing boards then this guy. Even my man DeRozan was getting man handled by Stevenson, he definitely needs to be more aggressive and improve his handles. I'm done with my rant, overall it was a disappointing game and i hate losing to the nets and letting Humpries bully us on the glass.

                Comment


                • #9



                  NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him. Right now is the era of the Guards especially point guards i think we need a younger and more athletic PG. I'm not saying jose is bad he's great but i think he would do better off the bench especially when we're facing a team with an elite PG like D Will, Rose, Westbrook or CP3. As for Bargnani, his rebounding was terrible, most of the time he was just standing there not trying to jump for the ball. I saw multiple possessions when he let Humphries or petro just grab the offensive rebound and put it back he didn't even try to box out or fight for the rebound. You can brag all you want about his scoring and how his defense is improved but his rebounding is still crap, i mean rasual butler is better at grabbing boards then this guy. Even my man DeRozan was getting man handled by Stevenson, he definitely needs to be more aggressive and improve his handles. I'm done with my rant, overall it was a disappointing game and i hate losing to the nets and letting Humpries bully us on the glass.
                  He was putting on the moves but not actually scoring (until the 3rd). Deron Williams wasn't really the main reason we lose, it was because we couldn't stop Hump from dominating the boards and allowed a crapload of boards and second chance points. On top of that we went away from Bargs for some reason even though he was the most effective Raptors on the floor. On top of all of that we couldn't cover anyone deep.

                  Kris Humphries 6 PT 2-8 FG 2-6 FT 0-0 3P 16/9 RB 1 AS 0 BL 0 ST 3 TO 4 PF 37 MN
                  Andrea Bargnani 17 PT 6-12 FG 4-5 FT 1-1 3P 4/1 RB 3 AS 2 BL 0 ST 1 TO 1 PF 36 MN
                  Deron Williams 24 PT 6-18 FG 11-13 FT 1-4 3P 5/0 RB 9 AS 0 BL 2 ST 4 TO 3 PF 38 MN
                  Jose Calderon 19 PT 7-13 FG 3-3 FT 2-6 3P 2/0 RB 8 AS 0 BL 1 ST 0 TO 2 PF 36 MN
                  DeMar DeRozan 3 PT 1-6 FG 1-2 FT 0-1 3P 2/0 RB 2 AS 1 BL 2 ST 3 TO 3 PF 27 MN
                  Amir Johnson 8 PT 4-8 FG 0-1 FT 0-0 3P 10/4 RB 0 AS 2 BL 0 ST 3 TO 2 PF 25 MN


                  I don't see how you can let Hump get 16 rebounds (9 offensive) and expect to win the game...
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Jan 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    tell me about it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What an ugly game.

                      Looks like we can add DeMar to the list of players who have been told.

                      Not much else to say except why not give the ball to Andrea in positions to score?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That was a horrible effort all around...except for Jose. You can't really blame Jose for Deron Williams scoring 24 because a it was Rasual Butler guarding him the majority of the time and Deron Williams is an all-star, there aren't many people in the game that can stop him. Let him get his points but stop the scrubs from scoring.

                        Over all the team sucked, no effort. I'm a Bargs fan, so I'm not just ripping on him, he didn't give a great effort. Although he should have gotten the ball more. I've noticed over the last couple games he has been standing around a lot. Why is he always standing around at the three point line on offence? I agree with him going out there in some instances but he should be playing closer to the basket. He has been lights out when he is attacking the basket and shooting within 10ft. Have him bounce out for threes when people are penetrating, but other than that he should be inside.

                        People were ripping on the 4 boards, but tonight he was going for it on the glass and boxing out. He is a really poor rebounder, it's not part of his game. Rebounding is a skill and he sucks at it but, I've noticed he may not be grabbing a bunch, but he is boxing out the closest guy to him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him.
                          D Will does that to 90% of the PGs in the league. That's why he's a star and has highlight reels. Says more about D will than it does about Jose.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            saints91 wrote: View Post
                            That was a horrible effort all around...except for Jose. You can't really blame Jose for Deron Williams scoring 24 because a it was Rasual Butler guarding him the majority of the time and Deron Williams is an all-star, there aren't many people in the game that can stop him. Let him get his points but stop the scrubs from scoring.

                            Over all the team sucked, no effort. I'm a Bargs fan, so I'm not just ripping on him, he didn't give a great effort. Although he should have gotten the ball more. I've noticed over the last couple games he has been standing around a lot. Why is he always standing around at the three point line on offence? I agree with him going out there in some instances but he should be playing closer to the basket. He has been lights out when he is attacking the basket and shooting within 10ft. Have him bounce out for threes when people are penetrating, but other than that he should be inside.

                            People were ripping on the 4 boards, but tonight he was going for it on the glass and boxing out. He is a really poor rebounder, it's not part of his game. Rebounding is a skill and he sucks at it but, I've noticed he may not be grabbing a bunch, but he is boxing out the closest guy to him.
                            A lot of players looked extremely tired, including Bargnani - which is not a good sign for just the start of this stretch of games.

                            JJ/ED/Amir looked to be the only ones with a solid pulse.

                            As for Bargnani's rebounding, I would agree. As long as he is boxing his man out and keeping him off the glass, I don't care if he gets 4 or 10. Clearly there is a team focus on boxing out and there have been numerous times when a number of Raptor players could take the ball and Andrea isn't the one to get it. The effort is definitely there though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Quotes from post-game:


                              On sitting DeMar and going with Forbes:



                              Source: Toronto Star

                              Keep pounding the rock fellas!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X