Clear All

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    P.J carlisimo was the reason they beat us like they did

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Still still don't get how a team coached by Avery Johnson can win. Have u heard the guy talk?
    I know right how does an alien get such a nice job.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Still still don't get how a team coached by Avery Johnson can win. Have u heard the guy talk?

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Might be the silliest thing I have ever read here.

You are suggesting that because one of the premier point guards in the league shot 33% from the field, as opposed to Calderons 53%, and 25% from three point range as opposed to Calderons 33% and scored 5 more points while playing 2.5 more minutes, that Calderon is somehow responsible for the Raptors losing?

Oh, oh, you mean the fact that he got 9 assists compared to Calderons 8, that proves it's Calderons fault that Derozan only scored 3 points and Barbosa only scored 2?

Why didn't I see that. It's so obvious now that you point it out. It's all Calderons fault.
    I don't care about the stats, its about the intangibles, he didn't even find a hot hand, Ed Davis seemed like he had some leeway on offense last night.

Leave a comment:

• irgigi
    replied
    New Jersey just did their home work and made Bargs and Demar guarded. Bargs was double teamed everytime, that's why he did much less shots. He did pass out well enough, instead of taking bad shots, mostly, but we just don't have alternative scoring. Jose have scored more for this reason. That's it. And right, we should not let Humpries take so much rebs.., but i'm not sure if Bargs is able to compete for rebs with stronger guys.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    e2thed wrote: View Post
    It all starts with the PG play, Jose set the trend last game for poor defense.
    Might be the silliest thing I have ever read here.

You are suggesting that because one of the premier point guards in the league shot 33% from the field, as opposed to Calderons 53%, and 25% from three point range as opposed to Calderons 33% and scored 5 more points while playing 2.5 more minutes, that Calderon is somehow responsible for the Raptors losing?

Oh, oh, you mean the fact that he got 9 assists compared to Calderons 8, that proves it's Calderons fault that Derozan only scored 3 points and Barbosa only scored 2?

Why didn't I see that. It's so obvious now that you point it out. It's all Calderons fault.

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    It all starts with the PG play, Jose set the trend last game for poor defense.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Ryan_1523
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    D Will does that to 90% of the PGs in the league. That's why he's a star and has highlight reels. Says more about D will than it does about Jose.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Quotes from post-game:

On sitting DeMar and going with Forbes:

Source: Toronto Star

Keep pounding the rock fellas!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    That was a horrible effort all around...except for Jose. You can't really blame Jose for Deron Williams scoring 24 because a it was Rasual Butler guarding him the majority of the time and Deron Williams is an all-star, there aren't many people in the game that can stop him. Let him get his points but stop the scrubs from scoring.

Over all the team sucked, no effort. I'm a Bargs fan, so I'm not just ripping on him, he didn't give a great effort. Although he should have gotten the ball more. I've noticed over the last couple games he has been standing around a lot. Why is he always standing around at the three point line on offence? I agree with him going out there in some instances but he should be playing closer to the basket. He has been lights out when he is attacking the basket and shooting within 10ft. Have him bounce out for threes when people are penetrating, but other than that he should be inside.

People were ripping on the 4 boards, but tonight he was going for it on the glass and boxing out. He is a really poor rebounder, it's not part of his game. Rebounding is a skill and he sucks at it but, I've noticed he may not be grabbing a bunch, but he is boxing out the closest guy to him.
    A lot of players looked extremely tired, including Bargnani - which is not a good sign for just the start of this stretch of games.

JJ/ED/Amir looked to be the only ones with a solid pulse.

As for Bargnani's rebounding, I would agree. As long as he is boxing his man out and keeping him off the glass, I don't care if he gets 4 or 10. Clearly there is a team focus on boxing out and there have been numerous times when a number of Raptor players could take the ball and Andrea isn't the one to get it. The effort is definitely there though.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him.
    D Will does that to 90% of the PGs in the league. That's why he's a star and has highlight reels. Says more about D will than it does about Jose.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    That was a horrible effort all around...except for Jose. You can't really blame Jose for Deron Williams scoring 24 because a it was Rasual Butler guarding him the majority of the time and Deron Williams is an all-star, there aren't many people in the game that can stop him. Let him get his points but stop the scrubs from scoring.

Over all the team sucked, no effort. I'm a Bargs fan, so I'm not just ripping on him, he didn't give a great effort. Although he should have gotten the ball more. I've noticed over the last couple games he has been standing around a lot. Why is he always standing around at the three point line on offence? I agree with him going out there in some instances but he should be playing closer to the basket. He has been lights out when he is attacking the basket and shooting within 10ft. Have him bounce out for threes when people are penetrating, but other than that he should be inside.

People were ripping on the 4 boards, but tonight he was going for it on the glass and boxing out. He is a really poor rebounder, it's not part of his game. Rebounding is a skill and he sucks at it but, I've noticed he may not be grabbing a bunch, but he is boxing out the closest guy to him.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    What an ugly game.

Looks like we can add DeMar to the list of players who have been told.

Not much else to say except why not give the ball to Andrea in positions to score?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X