Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    we need quicker players with better handling skills. our wing players cannot handle the ball for shit, especially derozan and butler.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    We need Jay Triano, back as our offensive co-ordinator, this team has forgot how to get to the line and get offensive rebounds..
    Jay Triano used its lack of defense to play a very fast offensive set that made it hard for the other team to hunker down and defend the rim. It's hard a strategy to play when you play a half court game on every set. Also most of those offensive rebounds came from Reggie who we no longer have. Just bringing in Jay will not do anything. The team is just lacking star players. If we got a star player then a half court game can be played efficiently. Jay probably had no faith in his team so probably decided to give up on defense so that they can score quickly, and win that way (they did win 27% of their games last year, which is pretty good with the roster they had).

I prefer the current style of play to be honest. It's boring, but it helps develop better overall skills, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    We need Jay Triano, back as our offensive co-ordinator, this team has forgot how to get to the line and get offensive rebounds..

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I will never understand why, when the offense is failing to get shots up and in, why guys like James Johnson and Forbes are shooting, whilst Bargnani isn't given the ball. Like the New Jersey game, just feed the ball to Bargnani. He's the only player who can get his own shot.
    You've already got Bargnani taking over 20% of the team's Field Goal Attempts at like ~16 FGAs/per game. His usage rate is ~29%. Not sure how much more you can ask from the guy.

You can't just give it to Bargs 70 times a game and ask him to create or score on every possession. Not to mention the fact that other teams are going to double him and deny him the ball cause they know there isn't anyone else. At some point, you need other players to produce. The problem of course is that they have nothing at the SF and absolutely no perimeter bench guys. Calderon is fine as the PG but he has limitations. If Derozan doesn't play well, then they have absolutely no perimter threat and that is killing them.

Yet, this has been a problem really for about 7 years that hasn't been addressed. Hopefully, the 2012 draft will bring perimeter help...

Leave a comment:

• RandomGuy
    replied
    I wasted my night Today I sacrificed my precious hours of sleep to watch the game live (4.00-6.00 A.M). Damn, next time I'll have to evaluate the opponent to know if this is worth it, because during that game raptors looked like outsiders of euro league, and trust me that sure is a low level of basketball, no offense I know they can do better and (fingers crossed) let's hope they will Maybe this team just need to settle down a bit. Go Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    I am done with this team this season, holla back next season.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    AJ360 wrote: View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say that reality has set in, because this is just the complete other side of the spectrum. They went from being much better than expected in games 1-6, to being much worse than expected in the last 2.
    Good balanced perspective. At least they have a day off. So they can get in a couple of practices. Lets see if it makes any difference Monday night.
    Last edited by Puffer; Sun Jan 8, 2012, 08:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AJ360
    replied
    Well, I wouldn't say that reality has set in, because this is just the complete other side of the spectrum. They went from being much better than expected in games 1-6, to being much worse than expected in the last 2.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorDan
    replied
    Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I had a déjà vu experience tonight. It kind of reminded me of the Kevin O'Neill era. That offense was fugly.
    I was thinking the same thing. What a complete disaster of a game. Unwatchable.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    I think this group is still learning how to play ball on the offensive end I love casey's offensive sets players are just struggling to execute

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I will never understand why, when the offense is failing to get shots up and in, why guys like James Johnson and Forbes are shooting, whilst Bargnani isn't given the ball. Like the New Jersey game, just feed the ball to Bargnani. He's the only player who can get his own shot.

You know, if the Raptors lost these past 2 games playing the way they did in the first 6 games, I'd be fine with it. Good basketball + lottery pick. But yeah, it was near unbearable to watch.
    I couldn't say better.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied

You know, if the Raptors lost these past 2 games playing the way they did in the first 6 games, I'd be fine with it. Good basketball + lottery pick. But yeah, it was near unbearable to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I had a déjà vu experience tonight. It kind of reminded me of the Kevin O'Neill era. That offense was fugly.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWhat
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    However what I really want is the elusive culture change. Tonight stank of 2010-2011 - and many seasons before.
    Mama said that there would be day like this, many, many days like this. There will be a ton of regressions-the culture change does not happen overnight. It'll be a long and painful process to respectability.

Also, most of this team will have to gtfo in the future.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    I do not care about the team's record.

If we pick high - great.

If we made the playoffs - great.

However what I really want is the elusive culture change. Tonight stank of 2010-2011 - and many seasons before.

Have some self respect. Have some pride in your team. Grow some balls. And if you can't do that, get the f*ck out of Toronto.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X