Who would you like to see the Raptors sign/draft as STARTING PG for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maleko wrote: View Post
    Very simply stating: you sign those min contracts AFTER your free agents. You still have that available cap room.
    You're right, but we don't have that cap room for one significant player, which is what most people are getting excited about.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      You're right, but we don't have that cap room for one significant player, which is what most people are getting excited about.
      As a free agent, straight up, right now, no.

If a trade is made before hand - maybe.

But the cap space can also be used to absorb a contract via trade. The Clippers got Camby and his $11M contract years ago for a 2nd round draft pick.

Comment

voted to keep Jose so BC can focus on the 3 that is the problem right now
        Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Reward Loyalty- Calderon FTW

I vote calderon. Its about time that in this league with so many free agents jumping ship, that a player that actually shows loyalty to their team, and spends the bulk of their career with one team be given the nod. I think his play is comparable right now to any of the elite point guards in the league, and if he keeps playing like this, then his contract is not bad either. I keep Jose ftw.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Kemba Walker.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

lol kemba walker. Its funny cause you still have the pic up

Comment

It's interesting that at the end of last year there would certainly have been votes for Bayless, however after the performances and percieved regression this year, not a single one. (I am sure a token one will drop in shortly after I say this).

Comment

I think we should make a move on Aaron Brooks when he comes back from China. Calderon and him would be a good pair at PG. At 27 he is still young enough to grow with this team. Our major concern is solidifying the 3 spot, hopefully we can address that in the draft.

Val
                  Bargs
                  Barnes, Quincy Miller, Gilchrist
                  DeMar
                  Calderon or Brooks

Bench

Amir
                  Davis
                  Brooks or Calderon
                  Kleiza
                  Forbes

If DeMar can get back on track this looks like a playoff team in a couple years

Comment

if deron williams is available. which i think he's a free agent this year. offer him the max and see what happens.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      if deron williams is available. which i think he's a free agent this year. offer him the max and see what happens.
                      He is unrestricted as well.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Kemba Walker.
                        I'd love to see him make his way to Toronto. He's a winner and I love his guts and determination.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                          I think we should make a move on Aaron Brooks when he comes back from China. Calderon and him would be a good pair at PG. At 27 he is still young enough to grow with this team. Our major concern is solidifying the 3 spot, hopefully we can address that in the draft.

Val
                          Bargs
                          Barnes, Quincy Miller, Gilchrist
                          DeMar
                          Calderon or Brooks

Bench

Amir
                          Davis
                          Brooks or Calderon
                          Kleiza
                          Forbes

If DeMar can get back on track this looks like a playoff team in a couple years

I thinks you're in the right way of things. Nice, I don't see Bayless on the roster.

Comment

i don't like brooks. changing bayless for another fast, shoot first pg is a lateral move. i'm a big felton fan though. i like his game and i think he wasn't treated fairly in minny.

i live in china and when brooks was on the rockets i saw him play a lot. thought he shot the rockets out of more games then helped them win.

dream wise RW would be awesome on the raps.

Comment

Good to know about Brooks, I haven't really watched him play. I was only going by the stats. I'm not a fan of Westbrook. Horrible attitude for this team and Felton can;t shoot. We need someone that can hit 3's

Comment

Calderon is good enough to be a starting PG on a contending team. He is one of those players that can only enhance other players, therefor an allstar cast will benefit from having calderon playing at PG, rather than a westbrook or a felton.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X