Minnesota Timberwolves: January 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Timberwolves: January 9th

Outside of opening night, this is the game I have been most excited for this season thus far.

I rarely get a chance to watch Love and have never watched Rubio outside of highlights and international play. They have a lot of young talent and seeing what Adelman does with them will be very interesting. I have said since the CP3 trade that the Minny pick might not be such a prize - I'm sure it will still be lottery but I would be shocked if it was top 8.

This will be another gut check test for Toronto after losing to NJ. I have been doing my best to wipe PHI from my memory - to no avail. It is time for guys like DD, ED, and Barbo to bring it.

I have had a theory of Bargnani just boxing out his man and not letting him get the ball while another teammate gets the ball is enough to condone for his mediocre (yet improved) rebound numbers this year. Matching up with Kevin Love will be a great way to test this theory and I hope Casey sticks Bargnani on Love.

I don't think I've ever seen Love play a game - so I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. He still plays on a consistently losing team though. It's got to be his defense. Playing against Bargs will be very interesting.

I hope Calderon outplays his protege. If he doesn't that's going to suck.

Comment

Butler is BRUTAL!!
      How is he shooting THAT many 3's and missing them?!

Comment

I am better than butler and will play on the raps for free!

Comment

James Johnson Is A MuthaF&%#!N Monster On D in The 4th!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
            James Johnson Is A MuthaF&%#!N Monster On D in The 4th!
            I'm loving JJ on my Fantasy Team. Helps me dominate on D.

Comment

The problem with fantasy Joey, is that it's pretty much all about the O!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                The problem with fantasy Joey, is that it's pretty much all about the O!
                Depends really.
                JJ contributes Heavy on Blocks and Steals and usually gives me about 5-6 rebounds.
                Contributions in 3 tough Catergories on a consistent basis is pretty good if you ask me.
                I won't be giving him up any time soon thats for sure.

Comment

1. I take back everything I've ever said about Butler's shooting. His D is still good tho.
                  2. If theres some kind of stat that shows fouling on 3 pointers I'd like to see where JJ ranks
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Player of the game: Amir Johnson.... hands down.

Runner up: Andrea Bargnani. 9 rebs. A few forced shots, some tired legs at times, and a few he normally makes missed resulted in 11-25. 9 FT's and hitting 8 helped get him 31.

Jose: Steady Eddy.

DD: C'mon man. I will give you credit for contributing in other ways than scoring (6 rebs, 3 asts, 2 stl).

Butler: STOP... just STOP.

Barbosa: NASA is going to be probing the Raptors locker room in search of the two black holes that have been spotted at the ACC and other NBA arenas this year. The holes seem to be concentrated around Barbosa and Butler. Barbosa hit his ft's enroute to 13, so credit to him. Hopefully it gets him out of his funk. We'll be sending draft picks away to get rid of him at this rate (bad joke, I know he is an expiring).

ED: not sure why he isn't playing more.

JJ: I love him as a backup. As much as Butler makes me cringe, I'd still rather have Butler starting.... well until LK returns.

Nice to see the Raps grind one out - even at the expense of a few lotto balls.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

ED: not sure why he isn't playing more.
                      It's sad, it really is because he is talented.. but where can he be squeezed in at PF??

Comment

Game Highlights

Comment

Damn and I missed that game, congratulations to fans. Still I'm surprised to see how bad the individual numbers of FG are for some players, especially Love, damn that guy messed it up for Timberwolves. Bargnani did this to him?
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                            Damn and I missed that game, congratulations to fans. Still I'm surprised to see how bad the individual numbers of FG are for some players, especially Love, damn that guy messed it up for Timberwolves. Bargnani did this to him?
                            It was Andrea Borgnani's defence on Love that won the game. Just kidding. Give Amir Johnson credit for messing with Love.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Bargnani switched on him a couple of times but the credit all goes to Amir.

Comment

Working...
                              X