Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK47 on the radar for this summer (post #16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kleiza is only half the player. That point I made was secondary to the first point. Hence the order.

They need to spend the money this summer. Depending on who they draft and who they don't like currently on the roster it could make sense to put some money down on a vet who plays lockdown defense at one of the most difficult positions to guard.
    Yeah, I only read that after. My bad. I hastily read it. I'd be open to giving Kirilenko 7 mil a season. I mean, you know he's gonna play tough, he play fantastic D, and can play multiple positions (like you said). The only difficult part is - is he going to have issues with Casey? I know he butted heads with Sloan a few times in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Kleiza is only half the player. That point I made was secondary to the first point. Hence the order.

They need to spend the money this summer. Depending on who they draft and who they don't like currently on the roster it could make sense to put some money down on a vet who plays lockdown defense at one of the most difficult positions to guard.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    Couldn't Kleiza bridge that gap instead of shelling money out for Kirilenko?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I read a Rondo for Pau Gasol rumor yesterday. I don't know if there is any truth to it but to deal Rondo for a high lottery pick would spell whole sale rebuild for the Celtics and they don't seem ready to go there.

AK47 makes a lot of sense if Colangelo feels that either Amir and/or Ed are more valuable trade assets than valuable system pieces.

One thing we need to consider about AK is that he could be used to help JV's transition to American ball. AK is very familiar with JV, they've competed against each other in Europe. JV even has a block on AK. I'm not sure how well they know each other but I do know that it would help to have a few bodies in the room to help bridge the gap to American ball. Andrea had Jorge, who was an excellent defender in his own right and a huge help to Andrea on and off the court.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    i feel that unless the plan, that i am not privy to, has changed and they really like jj. this kirlenko talk is all smoke and mirrors. i can only see him seriously being considered if the balls had already dropped and bc didnt think he was getting a sf. that said if plan changed and our pick went to boston for rondo then ak47 set loose would be awesome on the wing.

i would take rondo over anybody in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    If he wants to only sign for the rest of the year then the Nuggets won't deal. I mean they pretty much relinquish their RFA rights to rent him for the rest of the season. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    we are out of the running for Chandler at least for now. He plans on resigning with Denver
    If he is not back in the NBA by March 1st, Denver is his only option.

The question now becomes: does he sign for the rest of this year or does he sign a multi-year deal?

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The big issue, and to which I do not know the answer, is:

What happens if he is not available to sign a contract after March 1st?

I know Denver no longer can sign him to the qualifying offer after March 1st but do they have the right to match any offer from another team (like Toronto)? If he signs in Denver after March 1st does he become unrestricted after the 11-12 season?
    we are out of the running for Chandler at least for now. He plans on resigning with Denver

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Personally I don't think we're out of the running for WC. I don't think he want to be a back up for Gallo
    The big issue, and to which I do not know the answer, is:

What happens if he is not available to sign a contract after March 1st?

I know Denver no longer can sign him to the qualifying offer after March 1st but do they have the right to match any offer from another team (like Toronto)? If he signs in Denver after March 1st does he become unrestricted after the 11-12 season?

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Reports in December were saying that he was asking for 3 years and $26.5M.
    http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2011/1...s-but-both-are

That's nuts, especially when we still have Linas for 3 years, JJ, and a possible rookie. I would only sign a big contract for a free agent if he's going to be part of the core moving forward, and I don't see him as being that guy. I'd rather invest my money on a PG.

I'd also think that Kirilenko would be harder to move as he gets older. So if we did splurge on him, he'd be a tough asset to trade. Unlike going after someone like Chandler (unlikely now since Gallinari is injured), or Batum.
    It doesn't matter what he's asking for, only what the market will give him. If some team is going to give him close to $9M/yr I hope it's not the Raptors... Batum won't get that much. If he wants that kind of coin I say good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

That's nuts, especially when we still have Linas for 3 years, JJ, and a possible rookie. I would only sign a big contract for a free agent if he's going to be part of the core moving forward, and I don't see him as being that guy. I'd rather invest my money on a PG.

I'd also think that Kirilenko would be harder to move as he gets older. So if we did splurge on him, he'd be a tough asset to trade. Unlike going after someone like Chandler (unlikely now since Gallinari is injured), or Batum.
    Personally I don't think we're out of the running for WC. I don't think he want to be a back up for Gallo

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    He would be a fine 6th man though. If they bring him in it could spell the end of JJ in Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    3 years 30 - 35 million seems likely
    I just nailed my jaw off my desk. Ouch.

That is a bit rich for me. 3 years, $21-24M - maybe. However the issue with Kirilenko is he does not solve the issue of a perimeter scoring threat on the wing.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I'm thinking more like $7M/yr.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X