Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK47 on the radar for this summer (post #16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK47 on the radar for this summer (post #16)

Really this is a non-story but here you go:
    The timing of Andrei Kirilenko's announcement Saturday that he intends to play the entire season with CSKA Moscow was curious, considering the Russian forward still had another week to opt out for a return to the NBA without his new team being on the hook for the standard $500,000 buyout. Sources say the Raptors, who could use Kirilenko's production and versatility at the small forward position, were among the teams that registered inquiries with Kirilenko's representatives. But the Raptors took a pass and opted to preserve 2012 cap flexibility as new coach Dwane Casey tries to establish a new defensive culture in a transition year for the franchise.
    Source: CBS Sports

Maybe they revisit the idea down the road once AK's contract expires in Europe and the Raptors are at the right place to need him.

New Jersey was very interested too and would probably throw a lot of money his way.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      New Jersey was very interested too and would probably throw a lot of money his way.
      I read somewhere, probably on HoopsHype.com but I can't remember the exact source, that the Nets did not reach out to him this summer. It is all based on rumour and hearsay so who knows.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I read somewhere, probably on HoopsHype.com but I can't remember the exact source, that the Nets did not reach out to him this summer. It is all based on rumour and hearsay so who knows.
        I read somewhere recently - I think it was on Yahoo sports that he had an offer from the Nets (Russian connection with Prokhorov), but decided to stay in Russia for the duration of the season.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          I read somewhere recently - I think it was on Yahoo sports that he had an offer from the Nets (Russian connection with Prokhorov), but decided to stay in Russia for the duration of the season.
          lol - well there you go!

Comment

damn shame that. he will be a good pickup for the raptors.

Comment

Raptors + AK = Playoff spot

It's a moot point, now.

Comment

I think once Kleiza returns he will be enough for us. People are forgetting this guy can flat out score when he's on his game and in the limited games he played lasted year averaged 11.2 points on albeit semi-mediocre shooting.

Comment

We don't know how his mobility will be once he returns. Will he be the same player? Hard to say.

Comment

We need Kleiza to score some points...the rest is irrellevant..
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      We don't know how his mobility will be once he returns. Will he be the same player? Hard to say.
                      I believe anything he brings to table is going to be better than having Butler starting for us. Plus the guy is only 27.

Comment

With or without AK, Raptors are still a below average team for this season. Next season, a high draft pick along with JV and some good free agents, Raptors can improve a lot.

Comment

Title is not good. AK won't make this team a playoff team, he might improve it slightly but not playoffs.

Comment

this is irrelevant but pretty crazy and interesting.

ESPN The Magazine reported in 2006 that Masha(AK's wife) allows Andrei to have sex with another woman once per year and quoted her: "Male athletes in this country are extremely attractive. They get chased by women. It's hard to resist. It's the way men are by nature."

Comment

Perfect. Amnesty Kleiza in the offseason and sign AK47. I'd be happy with Kirilenko, Kidd-Glichrist, and J. Johnson as our small forwards next year. That would turn our weakest position into one of our strongest.

Comment

Working...
                              X