Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK47 on the radar for this summer (post #16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Colangelo confirms AK47 is on the radar for this summer

Based on things I've been reading I don't think the Nuggets are going to let Chandler go anywhere. That said, if the Raptors miss out on Chandler, bringing in a vet like AK47 via free agency would be a great option. AK would greatly help the Raptors' and bring the versatility to allow for one of Amir or Ed(or both) to be dealt in a move to improve the team elsewhere. I know someone is going to chime in with Batum talk but the guy is a UFA so it'll be tough to get him without overpaying.

octothorp wrote: View Post
    Perfect. Amnesty Kleiza in the offseason and sign AK47. I'd be happy with Kirilenko, Kidd-Glichrist, and J. Johnson as our small forwards next year. That would turn our weakest position into one of our strongest.
    The way Kleiza has been playing since his return suggests to me that he's holding anything but an unmovable contract. He could even go by the deadline.

Comment

"The way Kleiza has been playing since his return suggests to me that he's holding anything but an unmovable contract. He could even go by the deadline."

I have not given thought to the possibility that Linas could be a player with value to a contending team. His numbers are solid right now and he is showing that he can contribute off the bench. His ability to shoot the 3 and post up may be a wanted skill set by a few teams. 4.6 mil is not a huge cap hit, and if he brings back a first round pick, the team giving up that pick will save about 1.2 mil in guaranteed salary for their rookie.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

He also has 26 playoff games under his belt.

Comment

My concern with AK-47 is how much is it going to take to get him here and is he still made of glass?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            My concern with AK-47 is how much is it going to take to get him here and is he still made of glass?
            3 years 30 - 35 million seems likely
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              I don't think anyone is going to pay that much.

Comment

I'm thinking more like $7M/yr.

Comment

I just nailed my jaw off my desk. Ouch.

That is a bit rich for me. 3 years, $21-24M - maybe. However the issue with Kirilenko is he does not solve the issue of a perimeter scoring threat on the wing.

Comment

He would be a fine 6th man though. If they bring him in it could spell the end of JJ in Toronto.

Comment

Reports in December were saying that he was asking for 3 years and $26.5M.
                      http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2011/1...s-but-both-are

That's nuts, especially when we still have Linas for 3 years, JJ, and a possible rookie. I would only sign a big contract for a free agent if he's going to be part of the core moving forward, and I don't see him as being that guy. I'd rather invest my money on a PG.

I'd also think that Kirilenko would be harder to move as he gets older. So if we did splurge on him, he'd be a tough asset to trade. Unlike going after someone like Chandler (unlikely now since Gallinari is injured), or Batum.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

That's nuts, especially when we still have Linas for 3 years, JJ, and a possible rookie. I would only sign a big contract for a free agent if he's going to be part of the core moving forward, and I don't see him as being that guy. I'd rather invest my money on a PG.

I'd also think that Kirilenko would be harder to move as he gets older. So if we did splurge on him, he'd be a tough asset to trade. Unlike going after someone like Chandler (unlikely now since Gallinari is injured), or Batum.
                        Personally I don't think we're out of the running for WC. I don't think he want to be a back up for Gallo
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

It doesn't matter what he's asking for, only what the market will give him. If some team is going to give him close to $9M/yr I hope it's not the Raptors... Batum won't get that much. If he wants that kind of coin I say good luck.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Personally I don't think we're out of the running for WC. I don't think he want to be a back up for Gallo
                            The big issue, and to which I do not know the answer, is:

What happens if he is not available to sign a contract after March 1st?

I know Denver no longer can sign him to the qualifying offer after March 1st but do they have the right to match any offer from another team (like Toronto)? If he signs in Denver after March 1st does he become unrestricted after the 11-12 season?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              The big issue, and to which I do not know the answer, is:

What happens if he is not available to sign a contract after March 1st?

I know Denver no longer can sign him to the qualifying offer after March 1st but do they have the right to match any offer from another team (like Toronto)? If he signs in Denver after March 1st does he become unrestricted after the 11-12 season?
                              we are out of the running for Chandler at least for now. He plans on resigning with Denver
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

we are out of the running for Chandler at least for now. He plans on resigning with Denver
                                If he is not back in the NBA by March 1st, Denver is his only option.

The question now becomes: does he sign for the rest of this year or does he sign a multi-year deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X