No announcement yet.

So Ed's probably going to get flipped huh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They also have Gerald Wallace. I think Batum can be had.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't know. I think Amir and Ed have similar odds at being dealt. The way Amir is playing right now, wow, could be a sell high moment. Ed on the other hand has big time upside but hasn't been given the time to pad his stats. I feel Ed might have more upside but I think that right now they would get a better return on Amir. If they're maximizing assets then Amir should be the guy.

A log jam of talented young big men. This is the ideal problem to have.
      I completely agree with your assessment 100%.

I think Bargnani brings the scoring, while Amir/Davis bring the heart, hustle and defense. It's a great mix to have at a single position, but I don't think the team is maximizing the individual/total output when 3 players are slotted to play a single position (assuming Valanciunas gets significant minutes @ C next season and beyond).

Amir has impressed me this season, so I am torn which player I would trade first (I was pushing for Amir to be traded prior to the start of the season). I think I still lean that way, because his value is at its highest, his body has taken a beating over the years and I think Davis has a higher ceiling on both ends, if given the chance to get heavy minutes this season and beyond. The ultimate determining factor could be what the return would be for each, which we as fans will never be privy to... damn!

Comment

agree. last year with triano was more of a free-flow offence without any set system and i just think its taking ed a little more time to get acclumated to caseys new system thats all. it happens to many players rookie and vets as well. it's true that he isn't playing with the most confidence and "swagger" that we seen him before but most players do get like that when the game isnt coming as easy to them as it once was. he isnt getting the minutes he should be getting also due to that he isnt quite up to speed yet but just with demar i say give him time i think hes smart and talented enough to get it soon eventually.

edit: in response to DOC's quote lol
        Last edited by blaze89; Tue Jan 10, 2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

i can see Ed has a little bit of Amir in him, he hustles, goes for the Offensive rebounds and likes to camp in the paint a lot. If they fully commit to Ed and train him to be a starter, i probably wont mind trading Amir, altho that would be like pulling a tooth.

IMO, teams will overpay for Amir's services. So if BC can get a stud wing for Amir, id be all for it.

Comment

It's funny how Bargnani's game has switched focus on Davis/Amir as the first to go. I think Bargnani is lights out playing great - but I still think he should be the first one to go.

Yes I know I will be in the minority here. We spent 5 years developing the guy. He's playing like a franchise player. He loves Toronto, and is a consummate team player. He's a good guy - but I don't think we can win a championship with him.

He's a PF that plays like a SF. If we get a stud SF it would be difficult to have two guys that play similar styles play at the same time, unless we get a SF that is more in the "Marion" mold than a Durant/Gay/Lebron/Kobe, etc.

I think the better approach would be to swing Bargnani while he's hot to a team that can give us a very good SF. Someone like Gay or to see where we are in the draft and move up to land someone like Barnes, etc.

I like both Ed and Amir, and I think they should both stay. They play the proto-typical PF game, which is something most championship teams have.

But if Bryan refuses to move Bargnani (and the Republic thinks I'm crazy), then Ed should go before Amir.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Basically what I'm trying to get at is I'm going to the kings game tomorrow and want to get my Daughter a Ed jersey but i dunno now
              no, one's stopping you.

the team may be wrong eventually. but, the jersey still says davis on the back.

there could be another davis on the raps in the future and then you just say it's him.

or

just go with the blank jersey.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Do we have to trade one of the 2? I mean who do we have after Davis? Magloire and Gray are not reliable in any sense and its important to have at least one back-up big who can play, injuries can happen.

Comment

i think amir is more suited to come off the bench than davis and with valanciunas coming. i don't know. i definitely would trade no one this season and wait and see the entire season how all 3 do(amir,davis, and barganani
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    i think amir is more suited to come off the bench than davis and with valanciunas coming. i don't know. i definitely would trade no one this season and wait and see the entire season how all 3 do(amir,davis, and barganani
                    Oh yeah completely forgot about JV. Yeah I think as it stands the decision should be once JV plays and we see if he has any potential of becoming of starter in this league.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                      Do we have to trade one of the 2? I mean who do we have after Davis? Magloire and Gray are not reliable in any sense and its important to have at least one back-up big who can play, injuries can happen.
                      It is not about this year. The issue is next year when JV arrives.

Comment

I can't see them dealing Ed while he's on his rookie contract. Too much to gain with very little risk. Besides, Amir isn't exactly bulletproof.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

count me in for the davis/batum swap.

i always figured one of them had to go, and i always hoped/imagined it being for batum.

my first thought was get rid of Bargs for the obvious reasons, but with the way he's playing...

and while he's not playing well...im still very much into ed's upside...but im seriously questioning his heart and his desire to even be here.

i sometimes flirt (in 2k) with it being amir, but no matter how many times Buddahfan makes me want to hate him, he really is the heart of this team and a true professional.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Right, and it's a good risk to take right now given that the Raptors aren't ready for the spotlight yet.

I'm not sure what the Raptors go looking for but let me toss out a list of names to stir the pot.
                            • Nicolas Batum
                            • Danilo Gallinari
                            • Chase Budinger
                            • Al-Farouq Aminu
                            • Dorell Wright
                            Disclaimer: I'm not recommending any of these just yet, just looking for reactions.
                            Batum! yes
                            Gallo! yes (but won't be available)
                            Wright, maybe.

My addition to this list: Landry Fields ... NYK won't have any money to throw at him. He's a great defender, a good mix of youth and maturity - and can hit open jumpers. Played a lot of SG in the NBA, but definitely big enough to play SF.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              It is not about this year. The issue is next year when JV arrives.
                              http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ht=#post108732

beat you to it.

Comment

bearvon wrote: View Post
                                count me in for the davis/batum swap.

i always figured one of them had to go, and i always hoped/imagined it being for batum.

my first thought was get rid of Bargs for the obvious reasons, but with the way he's playing...

and while he's not playing well...im still very much into ed's upside...but im seriously questioning his heart and his desire to even be here.

i sometimes flirt (in 2k) with it being amir, but no matter how many times Buddahfan makes me want to hate him, he really is the heart of this team and a true professional.
                                *smerks**chuckles*

Comment

Working...
                                X