Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan not starting tonight as punishment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan not starting tonight as punishment?

I saw a tweet in regards to this but have been unable to track down any reliable information.

It also said something about an unprofessional comment in the locker room. Am I just spreading rumors or is there anything to this?

I read the Colangelo article, although maturity was questioned I did not see anything about getting to ride the pine
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Ya, considering the source I don't know how credible that info is. It apparently came from a Young Gunz Facebook fan page. I don't think its a legit page affiliated directly with the Raptors. Just some kid likely looking to stir the pot. I could be wrong though.

Source - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yo...28558263847922

Comment

Last night the tweets, from reliable sources, said Blatche wasn't playing. Turns out he wasn't starting.

I wouldn't believe anything until you hear it from Matty D.

Comment

book it, derozan has a big night tonight. Im not sure if he's starting or not, but he played much better in the 2nd half yesterday

Comment

I think it actually makes some sense to have DD come off the bench; not as punishment or anything negative against DD, but rather to balance the 1st/2nd units and put a legitimate scoring threat on the 2nd unit, which is especially critical at the backend of a back-to-back-to-back.

The 1st unit has Bargnani as the primary scoring option, with Calderon & Amir working the P&R nicely to become the 2nd/3rd options. Also, if Butler/JJ/Kleiza could ever get their 3pt shot going with any level of consistency, they would become a complimentary 4th scoring option in the starting 5. With Bayless out, Barbosa stinking up the joint and Davis unable to create his own shot, DD would give the 2nd unit a big time scoring boost in a game when they are likely to see increased minutes.

Comment

@CalgaryRapsFan - I find myself agreeing with you for slightly different reasons. DeRozan has been coddled with the starting role for a while now. The decision was made to start him against the best and let him grow. But he needs to know those minutes aren't guaranteed and performance based just like everyone else.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

if he doesn't start he better come off the bench and go HAM. I'm talk 20+ points tonight.

Comment

i would like to see him start and given very specific instructions on what he has to do. if he deviates from them then pulled off for a talking too before sending him back out on chance number 2. and so on until he gets it.

i think he needs to start every game with drive, just to set the tone and get in the habbit of it. dont like the look of disappointment after the game. i would rather a look of determination and not a "need to play better" but a "i will play better"

i believe its been said that there is no try.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i would like to see him start and given very specific instructions on what he has to do. if he deviates from them then pulled off for a talking too before sending him back out on chance number 2. and so on until he gets it.

i think he needs to start every game with drive, just to set the tone and get in the habbit of it. dont like the look of disappointment after the game. i would rather a look of determination and not a "need to play better" but a "i will play better"

i believe its been said that there is no try.
                  yesterday he tried to be aggressive when he got the ball, the skill/finish just wasn't there. Guy needs to practice EVERYTHING.

Comment

come on DeMar what the hell is goin on? he looks like his family just died or something depressing just happend in his life, he isn't enthusiastic and looks really down. Raps need a psychiatrist or sumthin

Comment

Working...
                    X