Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pattern of 'Consistency' going forward? Love it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattern of 'Consistency' going forward? Love it.

Was listening to the lastest ESPN podcast, and they brought up an interesting point.
    It's only 10 games into the season and only 4 teams have put the same starting lineup for every game.

Raptors, Cleveland, Pheonix and Portland.

This is a BIG change from what Jay was doing. I don't remember exactly, but I know last year we were up there in Number of Different Starting lineups.

I personally love this 'change' so far and it got me thinking a little.
    It shows that Casey has made up his mind more or less, about alot of guys on the roster.
    Granted, he doesn't have much to pick from, but the fact that he has thus far stuck to his guns (even one of those guns can't shoot *cough*Rasual*cough*) and stuck with a bench that has thus far performed above expectations (more often than not anyway). I figure he's starting Rasual now, because he plans to start Linas later, and doesn't want to mess with JJs role. (SMRT)

What do you guys think? Is this a pattern you can get used to? Or would you rather he experimented and tried JJ in the starting lineup? Maybe ED to see if would wake his ass up from summer vacation?

I say that the only position we should see a change at is the SF spot, lets see if it is James Johnson or Linas that gets the nod when it happens.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Start Linas at SF.

Bury Rasual on the bench (or anywhere for that matter).

Keep JJ as backup - he'll never be a (good) starter so prepare him for his role now.

Comment

Consistency is good, but it can also cause complacency. If a player thinks he's going to get starter minutes regardless of how he plays than that can be bad (I'm looking at you Demar )

But knowing that you are going to be a starter from game to game will help from a stand point of planning for the game. I thought Triano was actually good at that last season. He just had too many injuries to deal with and had to juggle the roster based on that.

Comment

A lot of the lineup changes last year were due to injuries. Outside of Derozan and Amir, everyone else missed significant time. Plus, there were new faces throughout the year. The year before, Colangelo basically turned over the entire team. I wouldn't put too much of that on Triano.

As for this year, I don't know that Casey has many options. He's playing his 4 best players in the starting linuep (Bargs, Calderon, Amir, Derozan). SF doesn't really matter, all the options are below replacement level. The only guys that could even be fighting for a spot in starting 5 are Bayless (injured), Kleiza (injured until 1 day ago) and maybe Davis (playing below par). Now, with Bargs out, I suspect we'll see some Magloire or Davis depending on matchups - maybe even some JJ or Kleiza at the 4.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            maybe even some JJ or Kleiza at the 4.
            That's it, i have already mentioned Kleiza was playing 4 last game. I would really like to go into a Casay's head to see, wtf is his plan here. But while looking more deep into situation, Kleiza is really PF, he was dominating Europe at PF position. Denver put him into SF.. and he wasn't doing bad at this position (wtf so much low quality link..?).
            Whatever, most of us thought Kleiza should play SF instead of Buttler, but he was playing PF instead of Bargs tonight.. It makes our PF position more than superloaded..

I hope Kleiza will start as SF vs Indiana... any thoughts ?

Comment

DeMar bring it!

Comment

Consistency can be good, but really if its not giving you the results you desire than you have to switch it up. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is defined as Insanity ( no not the workout ).
                Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

Start JJ

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Was listening to the lastest ESPN podcast, and they brought up an interesting point.
                  It's only 10 games into the season and only 4 teams have put the same starting lineup for every game.

Raptors, Cleveland, Pheonix and Portland.

This is a BIG change from what Jay was doing. I don't remember exactly, but I know last year we were up there in Number of Different Starting lineups.

I personally love this 'change' so far and it got me thinking a little.
                  It shows that Casey has made up his mind more or less, about alot of guys on the roster.
                  Granted, he doesn't have much to pick from, but the fact that he has thus far stuck to his guns (even one of those guns can't shoot *cough*Rasual*cough*) and stuck with a bench that has thus far performed above expectations (more often than not anyway). I figure he's starting Rasual now, because he plans to start Linas later, and doesn't want to mess with JJs role. (SMRT)

What do you guys think? Is this a pattern you can get used to? Or would you rather he experimented and tried JJ in the starting lineup? Maybe ED to see if would wake his ass up from summer vacation?
                  I think JJ played better as a starter (last year) so I would like to see him start with an understanding that his role is as a defensive stopper and not one of the main offensive options, I like Kleiza's game but he is just coming off such a lethal injury that it wouldnt make sense starting him at this point, maybe in a month or two if everything is fine. Bury Butler on the bench, to continue starting this guy with Kleiza being back and giving him decent minutes would be pure stubborness in my opinion he has not done anything to "earn" his minutes as Casey likes to say. If we are praising his defense, then I think JJ is a better defender.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

The Fox wrote: View Post
                    Consistency can be good, but really if its not giving you the results you desire than you have to switch it up. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is defined as Insanity ( no not the workout ).
                    Absolutely agree.
                    And whats interesting about the teams on that very short list, is that Cleveland and Pheonix haven't really experienced great success using their lineups either.
                    Portland is the ONLY team that has good reason for starting the same players every night. And thats because all of their players are LEGIT starters ... haha

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    I think JJ played better as a starter (last year) so I would like to see him start with an understanding that his role is as a defensive stopper and not one of the main offensive options, I like Kleiza's game but he is just coming off such a lethal injury that it wouldnt make sense starting him at this point, maybe in a month or two if everything is fine. Bury Butler on the bench, to continue starting this guy with Kleiza being back and giving him decent minutes would be pure stubborness in my opinion he has not done anything to "earn" his minutes as Casey likes to say. If we are praising his defense, then I think JJ is a better defender.
                    I agree, in that having Kleiza come off the bench would provide a nice Scoring combo with Leandro and JB.

Having JJ start with AB and Derozan allows them to get the shots they need to be effective, and allows JJ to defend the better players on the opposite side.

And I agree with everyone who has mentioned something about burying Rasual.
                    Like I said before, I don't want BC to release him. I want BC to fire his ass.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      And I agree with everyone who has mentioned something about burying Rasual.
                      Like I said before, I don't want BC to release him. I want BC to fire his ass.
                      i'd like to see BC trade him and get butler's full value back in return...

so ya, basically i want him to trade butler for a conditional second round draft pick in the 2020 draft..... which amounts to NOTHING

Comment

Working...
                      X