DeMar Struggling With Accountability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    I don't know what happened but have you noticed how much he shies from contact now? It's bordering on Vince (in his final years here) territory. It doesn't help his ball handling is abysmal.
    I hate to say this but....... here it goes: Leo is/was right. Ugh, god, that hurt.

He is going up for a layup or finishing a drive looking at the referee versus focusing on making the basket. Something has obviously gotten in to his head. I hope it leaves soon.

Comment

Not making any excuses for DeRozan, but he's hasn't been getting calls his whole career (going back to last year, and the year before). You can understand the frustration when getting hacked, but not hearing any whistles. It doesn't excuse his attitude, and lackadaisical play, but I definitely understand the frustration.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Not making any excuses for DeRozan, but he's hasn't been getting calls his whole career (going back to last year, and the year before). You can understand the frustration when getting hacked, but not hearing any whistles. It doesn't excuse his attitude, and lackadaisical play, but I definitely understand the frustration.
        Yeah, but that's the thing, which was exemplified by the play Matt mentions above. As someone who has grown up playing refereed ball, Demar should know better than to go to the hoop 1-on-1 with a much smaller player (Teague) and go up weak. He should be looking to dunk that over Teague. You *never* get the call when you go up looking for it. You go up hard, looking to score, and the foul call is a bonus.

The fact he whined about it and got T'd up shows he's frustrated, and that's fair, but he also knows how to fix it. In the NBA, you get calls by continuing to play the same way: hard and physical, expecting no quarter and giving no quarter. Until he starts playing WAY more aggressively, he's not going to get those calls; quite the opposite, the refs are going to give him fewer calls because he's acting like a big baby.

Demar's path to the NBA was predicated on his athleticism, and he shouldn't forget that. Developing a jump shot is great and will add versatility to his attack, but dance with who brung you. When you have a path to the basket, try to dunk it for god's sake.
        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I remember during the draft last year how Khan was trying to land a SG and there were rumours of trading Derrick Williams for Demar. I wonder how many people would do that trade today?

At the time it was considered laughable since Demar had 2 years of development and was on the track to becoming a legit starter.

FWIW I would still not do the trade today, but it's interesting what only 14 games can do.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            I remember during the draft last year how Khan was trying to land a SG and there were rumours of trading Derrick Williams for Demar. I wonder how many people would do that trade today?

At the time it was considered laughable since Demar had 2 years of development and was on the track to becoming a legit starter.

FWIW I would still not do the trade today, but it's interesting what only 14 games can do.
            Here is the link from that rumour: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...mar+hoopsworld

MIN trade #2 and Flynn for #5 and DeMar.

I still wouldn't do this. Now if it was just DeMar for #2, then you have some thinking to do but, and you are right, at that time last year I probably would not have been in favour. Ahhhh the benefit of hindsight and the danger of snap judgements (I think DD bandwagon is full before Valentine's Day).

Comment

DeRozan makes ESPN's "All-Disappointment Team"

Remember all those positive stories the first week of the season about DeRozan's improved 3-point stroke? That went away fast, huh? DeRozan is indeed shooting slightly better on 3s (12-for-38 after making a total of nine in his first two pro seasons).

Unfortunately for the Raptors, he's only making 39.2 percent of his 2s, and for a player whose only redeeming quality is shot creation, that's a major problem. DeRozan's PER has slipped nearly five points in what was supposed to be his breakout year; in additional to the shooting woes, he's turning the ball over more and passing it less than ever

Others on the list: Blatche, Wesley Johnson, Odom, Toney Douglas, Jameer Nelson, Stephen Jackson, Scola, Devin Harris, Kidd, Salmons

Comment

That is two awards for him this year! SI.com and now ESPN.com.

Way to go, DeMar!

Comment

hahaha nice one Matt.

Its all a conspiracy. DC is hindering Demar's potential this year so he can suck, and next year he'll be awesome winning the MIP award.

Yes, thats how is going to go down.

Comment

For Blatche to be on this list, does that mean somebody thought he was going to be great this year?

Comment

Blatche has all the tools to be a great player in the league, he's just a lazy mo'fo. In other words, he's a Bargnani (minus the last 11 games).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Blatche has all the tools to be a great player in the league, he's just a lazy mo'fo. In other words, he's a Bargnani (minus the last 11 games).

Blatche is selfish and self-absorbed. I don't think Bargnani was ever selfish and self-absorbed. Lazy and misguided? Yes.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          Others on the list: Blatche, Wesley Johnson, Odom, Toney Douglas, Jameer Nelson, Stephen Jackson, Scola, Devin Harris, Kidd, Salmons
                          I have a dissapointingly high number of these players on my Fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                          X