Lottery Free-fall well under way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery Free-fall well under way.

If Calderon goes down (and its just a matter of time) Raps will have a lot of ping pong balls.

Consider who they have played only 3 of the 12 opponents finished with winning record last year.
    CLE 19-63 LOTTERY
    IND 37-45
    DAL 57-25
    ORL 52-30
    NYK 42-40
    CLE 19-63 LOTTERY
    NJN 24-58 LOTTERY
    PHI 41-41
    MIN 17-65 LOTTERY
    WAS 23-59 LOTTERY
    SAC 24-58 LOTTERY
    IND 37-45

in other words only 1 in 4 of there opponent from this year went in to a game with a 50% likelyhood of winning.
    It gets worse:

Including preseason Dallas was 0-5 before getting off the schnide v Raps
    WAS was 0-8 previous to getting off the schnide v Raps

I feel bad for Casey he has done a good job. His greatest challenge will be to divorce the team from the culture of loosing in the offseason. 30%+ roster change will be mandatory.

This is what we expected and in the case of many posters here were hoping for. That early second round pick could be a pleasant surprise.

THE ONLY REAL NEGATIVE?
    Loosing was expected but if Bayless / DeRozen / JJohnson / Davis (and to a lesser extent) Alabi don't improve with the playing time it would be very bad for the franchise. These guys need to find their way or become a tradable asset.

Bayless needs to get healthy and log big minutes. I doubt he is starting calibre but could be a nice backup. Decent shot good defender, unselfish. On the other hand if the guy can't stay healthy he will be the author of his own demise.

anyhow plug your nose Raps fans its going to get worse (yes even worse) before it gets better
    Win%
    was .500
    is .333
    will be sub .250
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

If Bayless is unselfish, then he has a major problem with court vision because he is always driving to the basket, through four defenders when there are open Raptors in better scoring position.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      If Bayless is unselfish, then he has a major problem with court vision because he is always driving to the basket, through four defenders when there are open Raptors in better scoring position.
      Yeah that comment caught my eye as well.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        Yeah.. First time I've heard anyone say Bayless is unselfish, makes me believe he doesn't watch the games.

Also, the dig at Calderon isn't really called for.. Damn. Are you an actual Raptors fan? I assume this post was meant to be positive, but it's really not.. Playing time isn't going to help any of the players develop if they're just going to get blown out and lose like you're assuming, losing doesn't help anyone's confidence and just getting playing time isn't going to help anyone develop believe it or not.

Comment

Also, since when does a sprained ankle make a player injury prone? It's not like a nagging knee injury.

Comment

Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
            Yeah.. First time I've heard anyone say Bayless is unselfish, makes me believe he doesn't watch the games.

Also, the dig at Calderon isn't really called for.. Damn. Are you an actual Raptors fan? I assume this post was meant to be positive, but it's really not..
            No all I am saying is every time he has gotten on a good run with Raps or Spanish Nationals he gets derailed by an unfortunate ankle roll or something. The law of averages says he will get hurt by the 25-30 game mark (not me).

CT2010 wrote: View Post
            Also, since when does a sprained ankle make a player injury prone? It's not like a nagging knee injury.
            Correct me if I am wrong but I think it is his third such injury in the calendar year. Ankles can become very cronic. Unfortunately Steph curry is dealing with that now
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
            X