Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF
    replied
    did anybody else go wtf when devlin started talking abour the maturity of barganani when he threw in the towel and re-injured his ankle. what a dumb ass!

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    The first but I can't disprove the latter
    maybe this is tmi. but, I imagine him being more of a ball guy than a shaft guy.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Or sued for libel.
    or both for being a dumb ass douche bag or the ultimate torture being an actual douche bag.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    ias a baseball fan cAn tell youthat's nothing compared to hawk harellson of the chisox. dude votes chicago rookie " roy" every year and votes konerko mvp each year. maybe a slight exageration but close. i'll tell you the one thing that really pissed me off was when bautista crushed one against chicago and hawk called him a roid monkey and said he puts cork in his bat, that guy should be fired.
    Or sued for libel.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Chuck's enthusiasm was contagious, but his homerism was downright embarrassing. I lost all respect for Chuck when I found out he voted Bargnani for Rookie of the Year (over Brandon Roy), and was the ONLY person on the planet to do so.
    ias a baseball fan cAn tell youthat's nothing compared to hawk harellson of the chisox. dude votes chicago rookie " roy" every year and votes konerko mvp each year. maybe a slight exageration but close. i'll tell you the one thing that really pissed me off was when bautista crushed one against chicago and hawk called him a roid monkey and said he puts cork in his bat, that guy should be fired.

Leave a comment:

• minks77
    replied
    Rod Black should be taken out back and shot.

Leo is such a swarmy prick, cheats on his wife left right and centre (from what I hear from a reliable source). He was a shyte player, a shyte coach and is a shyte broadcaster. I wanted them to sign Sammy D just so I could listen to Leo be forced to say nice things about him after their little spat. One of my fav Leo moments came when some fans dumped popcorn on him back in the early days with Chuck.

Devlin is a tool. Like a real life Michael Scott type of tool only less endearing and more smug. Is that really his hair? Would you leave your kids alone with him? He flubs players names constantly, screws up calls and likes to freelance about bullshit while the game is on. I don't care about his razzing Leo or Jack (though if he laughs at Jacks perceived alcoholism one more time I want Jack to punch him in the face, that'd be entertaining) and I don't watch basketball to listen to some idiot blather on about the same old non stories. And can he please find a tone and type of slang that actually suits his personality? He often sounds so fake I think it must be a joke. Like the whitest white guy stereotype using out of context hip hop slang. Oh, and he screws up during the playoffs every bit as much but there is much less "witty" banter and his celebrity sidekick usually just goes quiet for a second if they don't outright correct him.

Chuck was fun but a total homer. Not of epic Tommy proportions but still... Plus he thought he was a star. Kinda looked like the title character from the movie "Paul"

Jack is my fav. Willing to call guys out, state his opinion and doesn't pretend like he's watching greatness as the raps build 30 point deficits. Could really do without the singing but of the whole he's my vote for tops.

I wish the radio broadcasts weren't delayed a few seconds or I'd crank up the radio and mute the TV.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    LBF wrote: View Post
    just to clarify is he's short form for "he is" as in "he is a huge dick" or "he has" as in "he has a huge dick"?
    The first but I can't disprove the latter

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Chuck's enthusiasm was contagious, but his homerism was downright embarrassing. I lost all respect for Chuck when I found out he voted Bargnani for Rookie of the Year (over Brandon Roy), and was the ONLY person on the planet to do so.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    He's a huge dick
    just to clarify is he's short form for "he is" as in "he is a huge dick" or "he has" as in "he has a huge dick"?

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    He's a huge dick

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    hey! Chuck was the voice of Raptors Basketball, I miss him dearly. Definitely incited more passion with his baby onions then any other commentator.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Chuck is a dick

Leave a comment:

• Ryan_1523
    replied
    Chuck was my all time favorite, he had such character and passion.. I was totally into all his catch phrases, and he had such enthusiasm you couldn't help but be pumped up whenever a big play happened. He was a real quirky guy, I can't see how people could dislike him. I'd take him back in Toronto any time, but unfortunately he's happy where he's to in Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    why don't we bring back chuck swirsky? He was pretty funny and i loved the stuff he made up. I remember one time when chris bosh(or half man half ostrich) posterized josh smith and Chuck called him posterized smith lol. He also made up pretty sweet nicknames, CB4, Apollo 33 Jamario Moon

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    Jack must get a bonus every time he says 'Andrea'. He loves talking about Bargnani's involvement even when Bargnani had very little do with the play.
    that sounds more like leo.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I can't stand Devlin. He seems like one of those guys that was never into sports, but wished he was, so he chased a dream of becoming a sports broadcaster. I admire his ambition, but I can't help but feel as though he doesn't really 'get' what happens on the court, due to a lack of first-hand experience.

In his defense, Leo and Jack are complete morons. Leo is a self-righteous ass and Jack seems to have gotten even more senile this offseason. They know basketball without a doubt, but they ramble way too much. Devlin isn't a strong/confident enough personality to keep them on point. There are stretches of the game when they will go on for several minutes about Leo's team-Canada exploits, Jack's lack of modern technology, the need to find a new song, or other such drivel.

I personally don't want sports broadcasters to tell me about themselves, try to be comedians, spout off about a certain player's university days or do anything other than call an unbiased game. Please just make the unbiased play-by-play entertaining and get into it - nothing more, nothing less! My honest fear is that this season (and last year for sure), the broadcasters (TSN/SN/SCORE) have told them to try and be more entertaining, due to the terrible Raptors team on the court. I wish they wouldn't resort to pandering to the casual fan in this regard, if it is truly the case.
    i'm pretty sure the score doesn't host raptors games anymore because they can't afford it. dear god, greg sansone is burning that station into the ground. Gerry Dee, Cam Stewart and Renee Paquette are the only reasons I watch that station and they actually give the best highlight pack around.

as for the commentators, if they removed leo and put either devlin on his own or sportsnet replace leo. It might be better. also, Devlin sucked even when we were winning. Jack i swear is in the early stages of dementia and Leo is too much of a self-cock suckin, douche bag to tell Devlin to shutup and do the play by play.

tonious35 wrote: View Post
    There are times I watched old (really I mean 1998-2003) NBA footages I hear Devlin's voice at the play-by-play. He's not that bad at all. Don't you hear this guy during TNT playoffs? He sounds like he does have some place in the broadcast booth. The problem to the fact is that Devlin is announcing for a losing team that has taken such a bad turn with bad management and undertalented/Low IQ roster.

Also Devlin is paired with colour-analysts that are not as talented or do not have as much likeness as the US broadcasts (even though I like Jack Armstrong still, and Reggie Miller sucks on TNT...but he's comically bad). Leo sucks as usual, and it hurts more that he's failed and alienated our Team Canada Basketball Roster and still has a colour-commentating job.
    The problem i think is that Devlin feels comfortable here, knows his job is secure, and feels that Jack and Leo are his buddies. When he goes to TNT to do the playoffs he knows that he'll probably be doing only one series and thus wants to make the most out of a possible 7 games he has because he knows that there is more than a few other guys that he can be replaced with in the booth and the guy beside him he knows couldn't care less.

if Leo actually wasn't the above mentioned he would tell devlin to shut the fuck up, but, since he loves talking about himself and thinks it wasn't his fault that our canadian team is shit and no one wants to play for it he plays along with Devlin. Jack,god love him, could honestly be replaced with Garey Busey and there would not be much of a difference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X