i think its time we had another GARY FORBES thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think its time we had another GARY FORBES thread

I like what he brings to the backup pg but who else thinks he should be starting at SF when bayless comes back?

heck start him there now and just let barbosa "run" the point.
    @sweatpantsjer

He needs to work on his decision-making, but you're right, he's looked a LOT better than either DeRozan, Butler, J.Johnson, and Carter over the past few games.

Comment

Starting SF? Why the hell not? Can't be any worse than what we're rolling out right now.

Comment

he def. looks like a better option to start on the wing then we currently have.. i say start forbes at the 2 & have Demar come off the bench.. send demar a message that everything isnt going to be handed to him this year.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          he def. looks like a better option to start on the wing then we currently have.. i say start forbes at the 2 & have Demar come off the bench.. send demar a message that everything isnt going to be handed to him this year.
          This could be a legit option. The way Demar started the season was promising, then he just fell off. Being in a shooting slump is one thing, but being down in all other statistical categories is inexcusable, if your shot is not dropping go get some boards and try moving the ball...
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Starting SF? Why the hell not? Can't be any worse than what we're rolling out right now.
            Watching games as fans makes things very difficult to figure things out. I like Forbes and SHOULD be starting but rode the pine and is only getting touches during garbage time. Is Casey trying to teach him a lesson? Practice hard, stick to the program and get playing time? He's doing things DD can only dream of at the moment (which is driving to the basket).
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

We need offense more than anything else at this point. Case and point: Give offensive players like Forbes more playtime. I dont think he should start but he should at least share minutes evenly with JJ. A 2nd unit of:

PG- Bayless
              SG- Barbosa
              SF- Forbes
              PF- Davis
              C- Gray

Means we would have 3 good offensive options on our 2nd unit. Three guys that can make shots and potentially one of them could get hot every game, would be huge.

Also our starting unit would have atleast 3 good offensive players too (Derozan, Calderon, and bargnani) not bad to have 3 decent scoring options from each unit.

The truth is: We just need to get healthy. This team was already pushing it in the talent level category. Losing Bargnani and Bayless = not enough talent to win games in the NBA. Im glad that while bargnani and bayless got injured Forbes got his shot, means we wont be saying Anthony Carter and probably less of Rasual Butler too.

Conclusion: Give forbes 20-25 min. a night off the bench imo.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                We need offense more than anything else at this point. Case and point: Give offensive players like Forbes more playtime. I dont think he should start but he should at least share minutes evenly with JJ. A 2nd unit of:

PG- Bayless
                SG- Barbosa
                SF- Forbes
                PF- Davis
                C- Gray

Means we would have 3 good offensive options on our 2nd unit. Three guys that can make shots and potentially one of them could get hot every game, would be huge.

Also our starting unit would have atleast 3 good offensive players too (Derozan, Calderon, and bargnani) not bad to have 3 decent scoring options from each unit.

The truth is: We just need to get healthy. This team was already pushing it in the talent level category. Losing Bargnani and Bayless = not enough talent to win games in the NBA. Im glad that while bargnani and bayless got injured Forbes got his shot, means we wont be saying Anthony Carter and probably less of Rasual Butler too.

Conclusion: Give forbes 20-25 min. a night off the bench imo.

Offense should continue to be an after thought this season. Guys will not forget how to play on that side of the ball or forget how to put the ball in the bucket. The emphasis has been and should continue to be defense. The elusive culture change is not going to happen in 15 games. Fans seems to have forgotten that. These games, while dreadful, are still better than the last few seasons.

Have we forgotten 'pound the rock' already?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Offense should continue to be an after thought this season. Guys will not forget how to play on that side of the ball or forget how to put the ball in the bucket. The emphasis has been and should continue to be defense. The elusive culture change is not going to happen in 15 games. Fans seems to have forgotten that. These games, while dreadful, are still better than the last few seasons.

Have we forgotten 'pound the rock' already?
                  i think Demar has... LOL he seems to think its "chuck the rock" LOL
                  Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Jan 20, 2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I like what I've seen in Gary Forbes, but I think it's premature to have him added to the starting lineup. Many years ago I thought Jamario Moon was ready to be a starter because of some great play off the bench, but as it turns out he wasn't very good. Same thing for Sonny Weems. James Johnson. Etc. I think guys like this do make the most of their playing time and I think that's great, and we should continue to allow them to do that. It's not like we're desperately trying to win here.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Working...
                    X