1/4 point of the season: Biggest Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 point of the season: Biggest Surprise

Believe it or not, with 16 games down, we are around the 1/4 point of the season already.

What has been your biggest surprise so far?

Two stand out for me:

1) Andrea before calf strain. I riled up a few faithful with the "shock the world" prediction but he really has (and he has even surpassed my wildest expectations). I know what the response will be: "Yeah but it won't last." We'll see.

2) Team defense. The Raptors are currently 3rd in the NBA when it comes to opponents FG%. Sounds great, right? But consider their company at the top of the league in this category:

1. Indiana
    2. LAL
    3. Toronto
    4. Philly
    5. Dallas
    6. OKC
    7. Atlanta
    8. Miami

Do you notice anything about this list? They are all playoff teams and defending champion. Add some more talented players, especially on the offensive end, and things could get very interesting, very quickly in Toronto next season.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jan 20, 2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

1. Bargnani
      2. Bargnani
      3. Bargnani

Comment

Bargnani and Calderon. Didn't think they had it in them.
        Also, I'm pleasantly surprised at our tank level. I really am a fan, and I hate losing, but at least we're doing it right. Fixing some defensive problems but still plummeting with the worst of them. There were no cheap band-aids this year. Just guaranteed tankers. Next year's draft day is going to feel like Christmas.

Mind you, if 2012 really is the end of the world than it flat out sucks to be a Raptors fan.

Comment

Bargnani playing good D. Didn't think he'd ever start giving a proper effort.

Comment

bargs and casey

great coach. my favourite casey moment so far was after benching ED one reporter was trying to weasel an answer as to why he got benched and casey just came out and told him the exact play and reason.

love seeing bargs leave the point guard high and roll back on defense with his arms waiving like an animal. haven't once seen him stop the ball but it isn't going to the low post for easy baskets anymore.

unrelated basketball question. don't we spell favourite with a u? or am i going above and beyond the call of duty here?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              bargs and casey

great coach. my favourite casey moment so far was after benching ED one reporter was trying to weasel an answer as to why he got benched and casey just came out and told him the exact play and reason.

love seeing bargs leave the point guard high and roll back on defense with his arms waiving like an animal. haven't once seen him stop the ball but it isn't going to the low post for easy baskets anymore.

unrelated basketball question. don't we spell favourite with a u? or am i going above and beyond the call of duty here?
              Favourite: yes we do but there are some Americans on this site and fans of the Raps, but I am trying to find the 'other' spelling on this thread and not seeing it.

Comment

Bargnani's easily been the biggest surprise this season. He's been playing like a true franchise player.

When he returns, he better not lose the hustle he was putting in...

Comment

Working...
                X