1/4 point of the season: Biggest Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 point of the season: Biggest Disappointment

Believe it or not, with 16 games down, we are around the 1/4 point of the season already.

What has been your biggest disappointment so far?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Jan 20, 2012, 11:33 PM.

Demar Derozan... but then again, my expectations for him were probably WAY to high to begin with but I still never would have thought he would have REGRESSED from last year in some aspects.

Comment

Lets get the obvious out of the way first:

1) DeMar - I do think he'll come around though and am not worried at this time. He showed glimpses versus Portland in the third quarter scoring 14. He is in a deep funk and the trek out has to start somewhere.

2) The inability of guys to make open looks. Casey's offense isn't flashy but it is effective. Guys have had their looks, they just aren't hitting them.

Comment

Demar and Ed... There's no way around it. Demar has definitely taken a step back. Maybe I'm being to harsh with Ed. He gets his rebounds and if he was off the bench for a team with some firepower they would see the 10 boards and 4 points and be cool with that. On a team that can't score I get a little hungrier for some offensive stats.

Comment

bargs leg...hoping when he gets back he is still aggressive and involved and not worried about his calf.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Lets get the obvious out of the way first:

1) DeMar - I do think he'll come around though and am not worried at this time. He showed glimpses versus Portland in the third quarter scoring 14. He is in a deep funk and the trek out has to start somewhere.

2) The inability of guys to make open looks. Casey's offense isn't flashy but it is effective. Guys have had their looks, they just aren't hitting them.

just a thought on your 2nd point but scoring and shooting is down in the entire league right now. watched the miami and lakers game (kobe looked brutal) but they said the lakers were down 6 ponts a game and the league as a whole right now is off 5-6 points from last year

Comment

RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
              Demar and Ed... There's no way around it. Demar has definitely taken a step back. Maybe I'm being to harsh with Ed. He gets his rebounds and if he was off the bench for a team with some firepower they would see the 10 boards and 4 points and be cool with that. On a team that can't score I get a little hungrier for some offensive stats.
              Agreed.

Comment

Demar hands down. Lack of ball movement is another. Jose and Bargs have been great. Perhaps if we had Bayless for the most part, we would be 6-8 like the Cavs (that's a big maybe).
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  ...Perhaps if we had Bayless for the most part, we would be 6-8 like the Cavs (that's a big maybe).
                  I don't think Butler has single handedly lost the Raps any games. I don't believe having Bayless would have added more than one win to the total. I didn't really see him contributing to the win column before he went down. Maybe I'm blind, but I think he looks a lot better when he's not playing because people have short memories.

Comment

Biggest disappointment to me:

No one stepping up after Bargnani went down. Sure Dero and Ed have been off, but what better chance for both of them to show why they should be the future of the team with Bargs on the bench? What happened? Dero shrunk and Ed (while not horrible) failed to impress. We saw people like Bosa, Amir, and Forbes (yes, Gary Forbes) attempt to take the load (with flashes of success, but ultimately losses).

The whole theme of this year was progress. Loosing is not as bitter when you see improvements, and for the first maybe 5 games, that was the case. Making better teams fight to beat us. For the rest of the season it has been more of regression the progression.

Comment

RaptorFan (proud?..) wrote: View Post
                      exactly!
                      I believe what we are getting from DD is unfortunately his game. He's really not that good or talented, and this year he has so far proved that he cannot be effective in the halfcourt game, and that is the game in the playoffs, so even if he gets his stats in the season in transition, that would all change in the playoffs ( not this year of course). He should be relegated to the bench .
                      Ed has been what I thought he would be as he never really had an offensive game, and he plays small. I think he will improve enough to be a decent backup but that's all.
                      Other real disappointment is I cannot believe that so called NBA players can miss so many open shots, so I do not blame Casey for the fact his team cannot hit the backboard let alone the hoop.
                      DD, Butler, Johnson, Bayless, Forbes, Ed, Magliore may be on the all time NBA worst shooters list.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Believe it or not, with 16 games down, we are around the 1/4 point of the season already.

What has been your biggest disappointment so far?
                        bit has definitely been the false hope of the early hot streak that actually made people think this team was average when they arent.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think it has been the way posters on this forum have blown hot and cold every couple of games. I thought they were more thoughtful than that. The way people were getting ready for the play-offs after the first 5 games and then the way folks are ready to throw everyone under the bus after the string of losses. The raps are a flawed team with only about 6 pieces that would be on a good team (even Miami and LA are weak at the 12 - 15 spots on their roster, no team has 15 all-stars on it). People should have recognized that. Maybe we all did but got caught up in a few wins.

Comment

Working...
                          X