• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say he's already accomplished a lot more than Ukic
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      I'd say he's already accomplished a lot more than Ukic
      But how much more do you see him accomplishing? It looks like he has a pretty low ceiling. At best a younger and slightly more athletic Jose which isn't the worst thing in the world, but why not aim a bit higher?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Steve Nash isn't going to finish career on a team that is destined to be a first round and out at best. We are rebuilding.

I've been saying this for a while but I think we should get someone like Dragic who is young, athletic, can pass and willing to play D. He is also cheap too. The only other option would be to find a way to trade for another first rounder and get Kabongo (if possible). I don't think we should be going after PGs that are about to finish their career, it'd be a waste of a development year.
        I agree he would Drajic good for this team, and Nash will not come anyway

Comment

I'm not saying Dragic is a savior for any team but I think you're overvaluing Ukic
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dragic is a shooting guard playing the point, hence why sacremento deemed him expendable. I still don't understand why this forum is shitting on Bayless? Now that he's back, and hopefully healthy, people can be reminded what can he do playing 25+ minutes a night.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Bayless has the rest of the season to show if he's really a lottery pick and a decent starter. i'd be more than happy with 14ppg and 6APg.

Comment

I think they should use the rest of the season to try and figure out what Bayless is. Clearly it's not a PG. What about backup SG? Cheaper version of Barbosa?
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I think they should use the rest of the season to try and figure out what Bayless is. Clearly it's not a PG. What about backup SG? Cheaper version of Barbosa?
                  thats where your wrong. How can you say he's not a PG. He played like what 5games this season? He's drawing comparisons to chauncey billups. I don't want us to let him go thinking he's not a PG like we did to billups. What if he ends up being great PG? he's still young and like billups he might be a late bloomer. Like CB bayless bounced around the league in his first couple of seasons. I just don't want to give up on a player and then end up figuring out that he is a better player than we thought.

Comment

People are comparing him to Billups?!
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

are they comparing Bayless to Billups because they're both bald? There is no comparison.
                      That said he is one of the guys I would hold onto as I do not believe he will be great, although I hope I'm wrong, but with proper coaching and hard work he could be a good backup or maybe a starter if he learned to pass better, and his jumper gets better. He has the mechanics, can handle the ball and has fire in his belly so I believe his upside is Jarrett Jack which is ok.

Comment

I don't think Bayless is a PG, but I still think he can provide some value as a scoring guard off the bench (like Barbosa now...or even Jason Terry).

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          thats where your wrong. How can you say he's not a PG. He played like what 5games this season? He's drawing comparisons to chauncey billups. I don't want us to let him go thinking he's not a PG like we did to billups. What if he ends up being great PG? he's still young and like billups he might be a late bloomer. Like CB bayless bounced around the league in his first couple of seasons. I just don't want to give up on a player and then end up figuring out that he is a better player than we thought.
                          Whoa now. Matt Devlin of all people makes a random comment about how he hopes that Bayless could turn into a player like Billups, and you take that as Bayless drawing comparisons to Chauncey? LOL, I hope that isn't what you were referring to.

He could end up being a great PG, but he could also end up like Joey Graham, Arujo and a number of other players that we invested a lot of hope in. Hope you're right though.

Comment

Dragic didn't play for Sacramento, he backed up Steve Nash in Phoniex. Dragic's Stats are similar to Bayless's, but better turn over ratio. Bayless is not a PG, just because you can dribble the ball up the court doesn't make you a point guard. He cannot distribute the ball and he is a black hole on offence. How many times does he get picked off trying to pass the ball after he jumps. I think we should stop trying to turn him into what he is not and find a real point guard.

I don't think splurge on this position in this offseason. Wait till Jose comes off the books and then put our money into that position. I would like us to spend money either picking up a SF or a SG.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              But how much more do you see him accomplishing? It looks like he has a pretty low ceiling. At best a younger and slightly more athletic Jose which isn't the worst thing in the world, but why not aim a bit higher?
                              When Dragic gets starting minutes he has producted. Look at the 2 games against the Thunder he got the starts on...

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                              Dragic is a shooting guard playing the point, hence why sacremento deemed him expendable. I still don't understand why this forum is shitting on Bayless? Now that he's back, and hopefully healthy, people can be reminded what can he do playing 25+ minutes a night.

You are really underrating his passing ability. He is a good passer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...PaB4?year=2011

In his 10 starts he is averaging 8ish assists a game, he is also getting rebounds and shooting high %. He is a pure PG, I don't get where you guys are getting that he can only shoot.

Edit: 6.5 but some of the games especially in his rookie and 2nd season when he got a start he got like 25 min. He is still a FAR better passer than you guys are giving him credit for. I don't understand how you can even compare him to Bayless who has serious tunnel vision.

------------------

edit 2:

Lets see Bayless do that.

Edit 3:

General hightlights

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Jan 23, 2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Whoa now. Matt Devlin of all people makes a random comment about how he hopes that Bayless could turn into a player like Billups, and you take that as Bayless drawing comparisons to Chauncey? LOL, I hope that isn't what you were referring to.

He could end up being a great PG, but he could also end up like Joey Graham, Arujo and a number of other players that we invested a lot of hope in. Hope you're right though.
                                It wasn't matt devlin. I've read some articles about these comparisons and they aren't that far fetched. Go look at CB's stats he's not an amazing passer you all think he is. He averaged like 5 - 6 assists in his first 5 seasons in the league. Last year bayless averaged like 6 - 7 assists when he started. They are both good shooters and can drive to the rim, Bayless isn't as bad as some of you say he is. After like 5 games you guys rip on players, its BS if you ask me. Even the best players in the league have off games and this is a lockout you can't expect him to come out and play like an all star.

Comment

Working...
                                X