Best Case Scenario: Anthony Davis+Steve Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    are they comparing Bayless to Billups because they're both bald? There is no comparison.
    That said he is one of the guys I would hold onto as I do not believe he will be great, although I hope I'm wrong, but with proper coaching and hard work he could be a good backup or maybe a starter if he learned to pass better, and his jumper gets better. He has the mechanics, can handle the ball and has fire in his belly so I believe his upside is Jarrett Jack which is ok.
    Bayless showed flashes of brilliance last season. Did you all forget the Detroit game? he single handedly helped us rally from a 25 point deficit(largest comeback in franchise history) and brought us the W. He dropped like 33 and 8, you guys can call me crazy but i think this is a fair comparison. I might be wrong but i hope not

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Bayless showed flashes of brilliance last season. Did you all forget the Detroit game? he single handedly helped us rally from a 25 point deficit(largest comeback in franchise history) and brought us the W. He dropped like 33 and 8, you guys can call me crazy but i think this is a fair comparison. I might be wrong but i hope not
      Every squirrel eventually finds a nut.

Comment

Like I said he is still worth keeping to see if his hard work and proper coaching can refine his skills into playing within his talent level. He is not expensive and he has shown enough skills to see how he develops this year, but I do not expect him to be a very good PG ( hope I'm wrong)

Comment

It wasn't matt devlin. I've read some articles about these comparisons and they aren't that far fetched. Go look at CB's stats he's not an amazing passer you all think he is. He averaged like 5 - 6 assists in his first 5 seasons in the league. Last year bayless averaged like 6 - 7 assists when he started. They are both good shooters and can drive to the rim, Bayless isn't as bad as some of you say he is. After like 5 games you guys rip on players, its BS if you ask me. Even the best players in the league have off games and this is a lockout you can't expect him to come out and play like an all star.
          I'm not basing my opinion on just the few games he has played this season. He played the same way in Portland and then in New Orleans and now in Toronto. What gets me is that he's had an opportunity to study under great PG's (CP3 & Calderon) and has yet to pick up the notion of running an offense or leadership which is what Billup's turned out to be great at.

I don't doubt that Bayless has skills, but he suffers from the same knuckle-headedness which the entire Washington Wizards locker suffers from. He just doesn't understand how to play in a team concerpt. Just seems to be all about getting his.

Comment

Working...
          X