X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis for Batum needs to happen soon so that Amir can slide back to backing up Bargs at 4
    I've never understood the Batum love around the league. I just don't see the immense upside everyone talks about.

Leave a comment:

• big_chris
    replied
    Amir having to get surgery instead of working on his game this summer has held him back. I wish we'd shut him down last March, and had him get surgery then. Having said that, Amir is a PF who can log some minutes at C, not a proper, C / PF.

I like Gray as starting C. Even if he only plays 5 minutes to start the 1st and 3rd quarters. We need his size on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Ed Davis for Batum needs to happen soon so that Amir can slide back to backing up Bargs at 4
    I agree that we have a log jam at PF, we have 5 guys that can play the PF (bargnani, davis, johnson, kleiza, j.johnson) it makes sense to trade either Amir or Davis, to fill the whole at SF. I doubt portland would give up Batum for Davis though, Batum is a much more proven player, Davis has a lot of potential but is raw.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    started a topic Aaron Gray Our New Starting Center

Aaron Gray Our New Starting Center

Is it just me or does it seem like Amir Johnson's injuries are starting to catch up to him. If you ask me, in a year such as this where we are struggling so bad, and are far from being in the race for a playoff spot (at this point at least) I don't think it makes sense to play guys that are even remotely injured. Play other guys and let injuries heal giving minutes to other people and letting us evaluate what we have.

Amir Johnson's productivity has kind of slipped a bit over the last couple of games, and frankly he looks tired. He should take some time off let his hand heal giving minutes to other players.

Aaron Gray since coming back has been making his presence as a big body felt in the middle, and in today's game against the clippers he was the only one who was able to give a Clippers front court that man handled our starters a tough time, I think he had 6 points 8 rebounds in 15 min. not bad. What I like about him is that he is not undersized. He is a legit 7 footer who is 270lbs and for the first time in a long time we have the opportunity to start a "True" center. When I mean true I mean a center who plays with his back to the basket, is physical, has that kind of size that you need down low, and is a great rebounder. He also kind of showed some soft hands in traffic making some difficult lay ups today.

Don't get me wrong, I love Amir Johnson, but he is not a C, he is a PF, and especially if he is injured and we have a guy like Aaron Gray their is no reason why we shouldn't give him a shot. I am kind of concerned that we are burning Amir out, forcing him to play bigger players game in and game out, and now that Andrea is not up there with him, it presents an even tougher challenge.

Also Amir has played very well in the past when he has been asked to come off the bench. He could provide an extra spark.

Our lineup the way I would like to see it:

PG- Calderon/Bayless/Carter
    SG- Derozan/Barbosa/Forbes
    SF- Johnson/Kleiza/Butler
    PF- Bargnani/Davis/Johnson *
    C- Gray/Johnson/Magloire *

* I can see Amir playing both PF and C off the bench. I dont want to see his numbers get reduced I just want to see him get healthy, and come off the bench.
Working...
X