Why isn't Kleiza starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Is $4.6M even a cap crushing amount? They should hold it and use it on Bargnani down the line if he has a Brandon Roy type injury or on Calderon if a star is willing to come here if they have the cap space... Or like I mentioned above, on L.K. if it's useful to do so if something comes up.
    You're right in that the amnesty clause is perfectly used for a Roy type career ending injury.

The only other times it makes any sense to use it and pay someone to just walk away are:
    - saving huge luxury taxes, as in Arenas
    - that's what pusshes you over the top it creating the cap space you need to land a player you really want, as NY did in unloading Billups to allow them to get Chandler

Talk of amnestying Kleiza at that time made zero sense.
    Last edited by p00ka; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Grant Hill came back from it too but like McDyess he was only a shadow of the player he once was.

Penny never recovered. What a shame that was.
      i miss young penny
      him and shaq were nice together
      and other than vc skipping commercial penny had my favourite shoe commercial

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

LINAS KLEIZA!

Why does it seem like many posters keep throwing out the idea of amnestying Linas, the guy has a decent contract and can produce. What am I missing?
        no way in a million years would ROGERS/BELL dump that `little` contract - even if he was 1ppg. Not excercising the amnesty and using it as the sword of damocles has more value than alleviating themselves of Kleiza.

AND IN OTHER NEWS: when will Raps fans stop being so Knee-jerk about preformances. guys look at it 20 -40+ games at a time and stop the infatuation love ins. 3 weeks from now LK will get torched by an athletic wing man and people will be calling for his head... *sigh*
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
          no way in a million years would ROGERS/BELL dump that `little` contract - even if he was 1ppg. Not excercising the amnesty and using it as the sword of damocles has more value than alleviating themselves of Kleiza.

AND IN OTHER NEWS: when will Raps fans stop being so Knee-jerk about preformances. guys look at it 20 -40+ games at a time and stop the infatuation love ins. 3 weeks from now LK will get torched by an athletic wing man and people will be calling for his head... *sigh*
          I am not saying he is the second coming of Scottie Pippen, just that at 4.6 mil he will give us production. Many people were talking about his contract like it is Rashard Lewis.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
          X