X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF
    replied
    charlz wrote: View Post
    no way in a million years would ROGERS/BELL dump that `little` contract - even if he was 1ppg. Not excercising the amnesty and using it as the sword of damocles has more value than alleviating themselves of Kleiza.

AND IN OTHER NEWS: when will Raps fans stop being so Knee-jerk about preformances. guys look at it 20 -40+ games at a time and stop the infatuation love ins. 3 weeks from now LK will get torched by an athletic wing man and people will be calling for his head... *sigh*
    I am not saying he is the second coming of Scottie Pippen, just that at 4.6 mil he will give us production. Many people were talking about his contract like it is Rashard Lewis.

Leave a comment:

• charlz
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post

LINAS KLEIZA!

Why does it seem like many posters keep throwing out the idea of amnestying Linas, the guy has a decent contract and can produce. What am I missing?
    no way in a million years would ROGERS/BELL dump that `little` contract - even if he was 1ppg. Not excercising the amnesty and using it as the sword of damocles has more value than alleviating themselves of Kleiza.

AND IN OTHER NEWS: when will Raps fans stop being so Knee-jerk about preformances. guys look at it 20 -40+ games at a time and stop the infatuation love ins. 3 weeks from now LK will get torched by an athletic wing man and people will be calling for his head... *sigh*

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Grant Hill came back from it too but like McDyess he was only a shadow of the player he once was.

Penny never recovered. What a shame that was.
    i miss young penny
    him and shaq were nice together
    and other than vc skipping commercial penny had my favourite shoe commercial

Leave a comment:

• p00ka
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Is $4.6M even a cap crushing amount? They should hold it and use it on Bargnani down the line if he has a Brandon Roy type injury or on Calderon if a star is willing to come here if they have the cap space... Or like I mentioned above, on L.K. if it's useful to do so if something comes up.
    You're right in that the amnesty clause is perfectly used for a Roy type career ending injury.

The only other times it makes any sense to use it and pay someone to just walk away are:
    - saving huge luxury taxes, as in Arenas
    - that's what pusshes you over the top it creating the cap space you need to land a player you really want, as NY did in unloading Billups to allow them to get Chandler

Talk of amnestying Kleiza at that time made zero sense.
    Last edited by p00ka; Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Grant Hill came back from it too but like McDyess he was only a shadow of the player he once was.

Penny never recovered. What a shame that was.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
    Jason Kidd/John Stockton/Zach Randolph

And clearly T-mac made it back to full form...

I wasn't aware of Kidd/Stockton/Z-Bo.

Leave a comment:

• SitnonDfence
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I most definitely agree. Microfracture is a serious serious surgery. The only player I am aware of who had it and came back as good was Amar'e. The only two players I am aware of who had it and managed to have long productive careers afterward were Kenyon Martin and Antonio McDyess however neither had the same explosion they once did.

For all you younger RR readers, check out some YouTube videos of McDyess from his Nuggets and Suns days.

Jason Kidd/John Stockton/Zach Randolph

And clearly T-mac made it back to full form...

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Is $4.6M even a cap crushing amount? They should hold it and use it on Bargnani down the line if he has a Brandon Roy type injury or on Calderon if a star is willing to come here if they have the cap space... Or like I mentioned above, on L.K. if it's useful to do so if something comes up.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I've posted in the past that we should amnesty him or trade him to get rid of his salary, but he has been impressing me since he has come back from injury.

The only problem I have is the we need a bonafide starting SF, I see DeMar being a good third scoring option, Bargs can be a #1 or #2 option, and I think we need that SF to be our #1 or #2 scoring threat. The 2012 draft does not have an elite PG and I can't really see JV being that guy, so I think we are more likely to find a SF to address this concern.

We have two good reserve SF's (J.J. and Kleiza), how do we give both these guys minutes. I like what they both bring, but it is a waste to have one only playing garbage time. I suppose if there is an injury we have the depth to fight through that.

If we don't give up Kleiza or J.J., I think we should move Ed or Amir. We'll have Kleiza and J.J. that can both sub for that position as well.

It's nice top see we have have some good depth at the 2,3,4 positions, but I think this team really needs true starters.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Hey everyone there is a small forward out there available for 4.6 million. He just turned 27 and has good size at 6'8 230lbs. He can hit the 3 and post up. He missed some time with an injury, but now that he is getting his legs back under him he is producing well off the bench.

In his last 3 games playing more than 20 minutes for the first time this year he is averaging 15.3ppg on over 45% from the field (41% from 3), adding 6.3 rpg 1 steal and 1 assist, he is also perfect 11/11 from the free throw line.

LINAS KLEIZA!

Why does it seem like many posters keep throwing out the idea of amnestying Linas, the guy has a decent contract and can produce. What am I missing?

Mods, feel free to merge this with the other threat about Linas if you want.
    I don't think anyone should be amnestied right now. They should save it for when they need it, which isn't right now.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I think most of the amnesty talk was on the assumption that his knee would hinder him. But so far, it seems to be holding up well. And if this current level of production continues, Kleiza's a great piece to this team.
    I most definitely agree. Microfracture is a serious serious surgery. The only player I am aware of who had it and came back as good was Amar'e. The only two players I am aware of who had it and managed to have long productive careers afterward were Kenyon Martin and Antonio McDyess however neither had the same explosion they once did.

For all you younger RR readers, check out some YouTube videos of McDyess from his Nuggets and Suns days.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Yeah, I think most of the amnesty talk was on the assumption that his knee would hinder him. But so far, it seems to be holding up well. And if this current level of production continues, Kleiza's a great piece to this team.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied

because of the injury it seemed like the team passed him by. http://tsn.ca/blogs/tim_chisholm/?id=385951
    good article on klieza

hopefully he can keep it up

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    4.6 million!

Hey everyone there is a small forward out there available for 4.6 million. He just turned 27 and has good size at 6'8 230lbs. He can hit the 3 and post up. He missed some time with an injury, but now that he is getting his legs back under him he is producing well off the bench.

In his last 3 games playing more than 20 minutes for the first time this year he is averaging 15.3ppg on over 45% from the field (41% from 3), adding 6.3 rpg 1 steal and 1 assist, he is also perfect 11/11 from the free throw line.

LINAS KLEIZA!

Mods, feel free to merge this with the other threat about Linas if you want.

Leave a comment:

• japetas
    replied
    With Bargnani's possible out for several weeks, Kleiza and JJ could start together. JJ at SF and Kleiza at PF, they both can help each other in defence.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X