Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Derozan do the Dunk Contest this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wallz
    replied
    Shumpert has Lin on his side=extra publicity=automatic win

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I hope someone jumps over the short end of a car again [sarcasm]...

Retrieving teddy bears before dunking is pretty cool too [more sarcasm]...

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Ya blake may be explosive but his dunks are not creative. Same crap every time

Leave a comment:

• wallz
    replied
    Yeah I'd say Budinger is just as good as Blake when it comes to dunk competitions

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Red and White wrote: View Post
    This is going to be the worst dunk contest in a long long time...

i do not think we are gonna hear kenny say "IM LEAVING DA BUILDING" because of Chase Budinger...eek.
    Probably not. But he was runner up in McD's Dunk Contest in 2006:

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    this years dunk contest is shit. Derrick williams, Iman Shumpert(yes the kid who missed the wide open dunk against us), Paul George, and chase Budinger(Seriously?)
    This is going to be the worst dunk contest in a long long time...

i do not think we are gonna hear kenny say "IM LEAVING DA BUILDING" because of Chase Budinger...eek.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    They probably got rejected by DeMar, blake and all the other good dunkers in the league so they went after average dunkers.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    this years dunk contest is shit. Derrick williams, Iman Shumpert(yes the kid who missed the wide open dunk against us), Paul George, and chase Budinger(Seriously?)

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Thanks! Where abouts did you stay last year? Varadero?

The best part about Cuba (if you can get past the bland food), is no obnoxious Americans
    Bah ha ha I just seen my typo in my post. Yeah, I went to Varadero, Hotel Iberostar Laguna Azul to be precise.

The food wasn't that great, no doubt but you could grab a burger a 3AM in the morning if you wanted one. When I went to the main dinning hall I typically headed directly to the omelet stand for breakfast and the pasta stand for dinner. At least there I could tell them exactly what I wanted and so it was impossible to get something bland.

So yeah, long story short, I'd rather be doing that than watching the dunk comp.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Fan fun man. I had an absolute blast there last year.
    Thanks! Where abouts did you stay last year? Varadero?

The best part about Cuba (if you can get past the bland food), is no obnoxious Americans

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'm glad I'll be in Cuba during this circus sideshow.
    Fan fun man. I had an absolute blast there last year.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Na, he already proved he can win it last year until Blake hype won him the contest. I think it'd be better if he didn't and rested/focused on getting better as a player.
    it may have come via his hype. but, blake won because it was rigged.

btw, if someone does one more "superman" dunk, I may shoot my tv.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I'm glad I'll be in Cuba during this circus sideshow.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    No Demar this year.
    No Blake either.

No Judges either.

NEW YORK (AP)—The NBA is leaving it up to the fans to determine the winner of the All-Star slam dunk contest.

Defending champion Blake Griffin passed on returning, leaving a lackluster field of New York’s Iman Shumpert, Paul George of Indiana, rookie Derrick Williams of Minnesota and Houston’s Chase Budinger.

The league announced Thursday that there no longer will be judges in the event, which also will be reduced to one round. Each contestant will execute three dunks. Fans will determine the champion by voting on NBA.com, Twitter or through text messaging.

The format in recent years was two rounds, with a panel of judges voting on the first round before fan voting in the second.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    heinz57 wrote: View Post
    his skills arent the problem.... many lesser skilled players have been much better than he has of late

dude needs a shrink... get his head in order

or he needs an ogre sized big man to put him on his ass and piss him off to the point that he develops a chip on his shoulder
    we need to bring back shaq to push "kobe's buttons".

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ther_on_LA.nba

Leave a comment:

Working...
X