Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon wants to be traded to a Contender? Update: Raps feel the same? (post 37)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Calderon wants to be traded to a Contender? Update: Raps feel the same? (post 37)

    Source: HoopsHype.com

    HoopsHype.com isn't the original source but they've provided the translation.
    35
    Yes
    48.57%
    17
    No
    51.43%
    18

  • #2
    I referenced this in the trade thread, and while I used it as a basis for a trade idea, I still look at it as he would be happy here if we get competitive. One question that he was asked was about Toronto and he spoke very highly of the city (although my spanish is a little rusty), it's cultural diversity and such. He also spoke well of Pau Gasol, hence why rumours will fly about contender and Lakers. While hoopshype posted this on the 24th I believe this was from questions posted on the 12th on Marca.

    Comment


    • #3
      How do you all feel about him maybe really wanting to be elsewhere? Do you feel the Raptors should look to move him seeing as he's probably not a long term piece? I mean a team like the Bulls would probably love to have him as a change of pace PG and they have some really nice young players to deal such as Brewer and Watson.

      Comment


      • #4
        Apollo wrote: View Post
        How do you all feel about him maybe really wanting to be elsewhere? Do you feel the Raptors should look to move him seeing as he's probably not a long term piece? I mean a team like the Bulls would probably love to have him as a change of pace PG and they have some really nice young players to deal such as Brewer and Watson.
        Watson is playing very well for Chicago right now, the Bulls hold a team option for next year on him as well, the price at 3.5 mil is good, why would they bring in Jose?
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

        Comment


        • #5
          Because they're trying to win a championship right now, Calderon is battle tested on the grandest of stages, he's a champion, he's a prototypical PG, he's a change of pace PG that would compliment Derrick Rose, he rarely makes mistakes with the ball, he's a team player, a good influence on the young players and should Derrick Rose go down with injury he would be a far more reliable starting PG than Watson would be. The Bulls aren't in a rebuild, they're pushing for a title. The money isn't an issue here in my opinion. The track record says it's not an issue for the Bulls as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think Caldy would be deadly in the knicks, where defence is taken the back seat. But he will provide melo with 35 pts amare with 30 and himself with 15 asts every game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah but they don't have anything to offer the Raptors in return.

              Comment


              • #8
                Apollo wrote: View Post
                Because they're trying to win a championship right now, Calderon is battle tested on the grandest of stages, he's a champion, he's a prototypical PG, he's a change of pace PG that would compliment Derrick Rose, he rarely makes mistakes with the ball, he's a team player, a good influence on the young players and should Derrick Rose go down with injury he would be a far more reliable starting PG than Watson would be. The Bulls aren't in a rebuild, they're pushing for a title. The money isn't an issue here in my opinion. The track record says it's not an issue for the Bulls as well.
                Although the Bulls are a win now type of team, I think they are also in a win for a long time scenario. I just don't think Jose is a good fit going for longevity. Watson is in his 5th year in the league, not a newcomer by any means, and proved in the 3 games Rose was out (small sample) that he is more than capable of being a spot starter. He does a good job looking after the ball and facilitating an offence, and is a very good 3 point shooter, able to spread the floor.

                Now if we could get him in Toronto and sign him for a multi year deal I would be OK with that, but if he is happy in Chicago, I think he fits that team very well.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't understand all the trade talk about Calderon...the man has the best assist to turnover ratio in the league and a good five - 7 years left in the tank barring injury
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    neither do the Bulls, especially for an $8M ticket for Jose. I doubt we'd be thrilled to get Kyle Korver or Taj Gibson in return. Gibson is a nice piece but duplicates a lot of what we have up front
                    Ball Don't Lie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Source: HoopsHype.com

                      HoopsHype.com isn't the original source but they've provided the translation.

                      I think that their is only so much we need to read into this. What player in the NBA secretly doesnt want to play for a contender? That is a pretty natural inclination for anyone to have, if he wants to be traded that is something else, but I am sure he would like to play for a title who wouldn't? However I think he likes his role here as the main PG, he would like to win a championship but his role is one that he would like to keep.

                      As for who could we trade him to? I think any team in the NBA who doesnt have a star PG would want him. I dont see the bulls making a move for him, come playoff time D.Rose is going to play like 40 min. every game, I dont think they would be willing to give anything decent up for a back up PG that is going to play 8-10 min.a night. Just my opinion.

                      A Landry Fields for Jose Calderon deal with the Knicks could be looked into ... but I like how JJ is progressing at this point, and Jose has been playing great, maybe to dump some salary and get a good young piece it would make sense.
                      "Defense wins championships."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The original thread comes from a question answer tweet thing that Calderon did either this week or last week. It's a good translation, but the general feeling from some of the other questions is that he really enjoys playing in Toronto. I'd like to see the team build with him than trade him. There's no real PG behind him and he'd be a great mentor for a young PG trying to find his way. We need to secure a Myck Kabongo or some other young quick PG and have Jose teach the craft. That spanish thread also had a question about where Calderon would like to retire and, if I remember correctly, he would like to retire in Spain. There's not really a ton of new things to talk about with this thread. it's all things we've heard before, Calderon didn't say he wanted to leave he just said he wants to compete and it will turn into what we need from a trade. Same story as usual

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                          I think that their is only so much we need to read into this. What player in the NBA secretly doesnt want to play for a contender? That is a pretty natural inclination for anyone to have, if he wants to be traded that is something else, but I am sure he would like to play for a title who wouldn't? However I think he likes his role here as the main PG, he would like to win a championship but his role is one that he would like to keep.
                          He's entering the point of his career when time is a rare commodity.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Chicago has numbers pieces that would be nice to add in Watson, Brewer, Asik and Gibson. Those 4 players would be the only ones of interest on there roster outside the obvious and unavailable Rose, Noah and Deng. I appreciate Jose and I'm in no rush to see him go but if he is going out the door I hope it's to a good situation like Chicago. The guy is a stand up guy who plays his heart out and deserves to play for something of value. He'd be one of the few who would get a standing ovation upon his return and deservingly so.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              http://lakernation.com/2011/06/jose-...or-the-lakers/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X