Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon wants to be traded to a Contender? Update: Raps feel the same? (post 37)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked a lot of these HoopsWorld guys opinions on Calderon off and on over the last year. The last go round they all ripped him which was just a few weeks ago. They are a fickle crew. Clearly Calderon does have more value around the league than many, including myself, thought.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i just solved all the leagues problems

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7lzn6t4

toronto gets reddick, blake, barnes

orlando gets gasol, davis, barbosa

los angeles gets howard, calderon

i dont see how to offer picks in the trade machine but i would add them accordingly if i could.
      Why would we do this?

Reddick isn't as good as Barbosa.

Blake isn't as good as Calderon.

And Barnes isn't much better than anybody, let alone a young potential core piece, in Ed Davis.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Why would we do this?

Reddick isn't as good as Barbosa.

Blake isn't as good as Calderon.

And Barnes isn't much better than anybody, let alone a young potential core piece, in Ed Davis.
        i also wanted to send magic our 2nd rounder and us los angeles first round pick. but couldnt see how.

reddick is nice

Comment

The $8.9M TPE would be a great asset for the off season. Calderon would offer the Lakers what they were looking for in Steve Blake, only at a higher level. Calderon is a deadly shooter when open. When you share the court with Kobe Bryant you certainly have more space to breath. I like this and it would be interesting to see how Jose would fit with Gasol in L.A.

If the Raptors were to clear Calderon off the books by landing the TPE for him they would still be able to amnesty someone else to clear more space to make a huge play at a couple FA stars. Maybe they get Chandler and then follow that up by landing someone like D.J. Augustine? It's an exciting time to be Raptors fan.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            The $8.9M TPE would be a great asset for the off season. Calderon would offer the Lakers what they were looking for in Steve Blake, only at a higher level. Calderon is a deadly shooter when open. When you share the court with Kobe Bryant you certainly have more space to breath. I like this and it would be interesting to see how Jose would fit with Gasol in L.A.

If the Raptors were to clear Calderon off the books by landing the TPE for him they would still be able to amnesty someone else to clear more space to make a huge play at a couple FA stars. Maybe they get Chandler and then follow that up by landing someone like D.J. Augustine? It's an exciting time to be Raptors fan.
            I'm not sure what to think of Augustine. At first glance, he's a small PG, whose stats don't jump out at you. But when you look at his whole career, he seems like a steady player....who spent most of his time under Larry Brown (who isn't exactly known for developing young players). Is Augustine a diamond-in-the-rough, waiting for the right opportunity to take his game to the next level?

Comment

Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 31, 2012, 12:56 PM. Reason: I decided not to take this off topic. :)

Comment

This is only his 4th season too (it feels like he's been in the league forever). I could be persuaded to jump on the Augustin bandwagon.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I'm not sure what to think of Augustine. At first glance, he's a small PG, whose stats don't jump out at you. But when you look at his whole career, he seems like a steady player....who spent most of his time under Larry Brown (who isn't exactly known for developing young players). Is Augustine a diamond-in-the-rough, waiting for the right opportunity to take his game to the next level?
                  I would vote yes to a diamond in the rough, and even if not, might as well take a gamble on him.

Comment

Lakers also looking at Sessions:

The Los Angeles Lakers have talked with the Cleveland Cavaliers about possibly acquiring guard Ramon Sessions, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
                    Cleveland is interested in stockpiling draft picks in potential deals, sources said. Several teams have inquired about Sessions lately, front-office sources said. The Lakers have a handful of players on short-term deals who can’t be traded until March 1.
                    Source: Yahoo Sports

Between Arenas, Sessions and Calderon I think one obviously fits a lot better in a Lakers system looking for a proven facilitator to help them in the playoffs.

Comment

• Funny how Yahoo says Cleveland wants draft picks, while Hoopsworld says the exact opposite:

Cavs fans want draft picks, but Cavs management and coaches want to win.

As one Cavs source explained, ownership wants to get back to the playoffs quickly and the idea of playing for a draft pick does not ring anyone’s bell in Cleveland.

Losing a ton of games usually costs coaches and executives their jobs, so no one in a decision making capacity is ready to concede the season yet, and if the Playoffs started today the Cavs are the eighth seed and they view that as far more beneficial to their growth than tanking the season for a pick.
                      http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-who...lable-in-trade

Comment

• Funny indeed. Prime example of why we all need to take this stuff with a grain of salt. Always.

The Hoopsworld.com report sounds a lot like reports I've read on the Cavs earlier in January. I'm sure which is true but if they deal Sessions for the Lakers' TPE and picks then we probably have a good idea then.

Comment

Working...
                        X