• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    It's going to be a long night!
    This was from me from post #2. All along my exact thoughts back in the first quarter were "This is going to go to two overtimes."

Leave a comment:

• Th0m79
    replied
    Wow, great game - well, I didn't catch the first half but man did Kleiza ever show up in OT! To say I'm relieved to get something from one of our 3's is an understatement. Also, Jose sinking that crazy 3 with only 2 left on the shot clock was pretty sweet!

Any word on how bad Barney (re)tweeked his calf? Having him back in the lineup for only 2 games was such a tease!

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Surprising win. Great, gritty effort by the Raps. Defense was very solid, especially in key moments. Bargs didn't shoot the ball well but he made a positive difference on both ends despite the FG% and turnovers. Kudos to Kleiza and Calderon for playing big in OT.

On the downside, who is going to take the heat for Bargs' injury? Guy has a recurring injury, misses a whack of games, and you run him out there for 80 minutes in a back-to-back? I'm sorry, I know Bargs wants to play and win but this is where the coach has to use some sense and realize what could happen. Now, Bargs could be out for, well, who knows? The two wins were great but now you're without your best player for an indefinite stretch. We've all seen what happens with no Bargnani. Casey has to take a lot of the blame here, along with Colangelo for not protecting his only decent player.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    Highlights!

NBA.com

Raptors.com

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't agree. Both can play 3 or 4. Both have different games. There will always be injuries.

I think a decision should be made between ED and Amir before JJ and Kleiza.
    Agree that the ED/Amir situation needs to be addressed, but I just don't see enough minutes for a rookie, JJ and Kleiza (even if you include some minutes at PF) for all 3 players to be productive and/or happy.

Even if we go after Wilson Chandler instead, IMO, JJ or Kleiza will probably be dealt.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    If we decide to draft a SF this summer, it's fair to assume that there won't be enough space for both JJ and Kleiza on this team (neither is a 3rd stringer). At this point, it's a tough call on which one to keep.
    I don't agree. Both can play 3 or 4. Both have different games. There will always be injuries.

I think a decision should be made between ED and Amir before JJ and Kleiza.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    If we decide to draft a SF this summer, it's fair to assume that there won't be enough space for both JJ and Kleiza on this team (neither is a 3rd stringer). At this point, it's a tough call on which one to keep.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Kleiza = clutch. Am I alone here in liking his game? Everyone seems to call for his amnesty from this team.
    I'm a huge Kleiza supporter off the bench. I think he and James Johnson provide a great combination of versatility with both able to play the 3/4 depending on matchups and they compliment one another - both provide energy but in different ways.

The only way I'd consider amnestying him is if his knee ever becomes a problem. I think he is a great role player on a very reasonable contract.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Kleiza = clutch. Am I alone here in liking his game? Everyone seems to call for his amnesty from this team.
    I have always help out hop that he would find his groove in Toronto and be a solid contributor, he can play bigger than he is due to his strength and has a decent overall skill set. With Andrea looking like he will be out for an extended period, Klieza will see plenty of minutes and will br able to show us all what he can and can't do.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    You are not alone.

Leave a comment:

• TSN3
    replied
    The guy's got a solid game. He can shoot it out to the 3, can play some 4 and is tough. His skill set is unique on this team and with Butler and Davis stinking it up right now, they're really going to need his production. I also think that unless he's traded and as long as he stays healthy and continues to play within himself, he can definitely be a useful piece of this team moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• enlightenment
    replied
    incredible game!!! Was awed at our clutchness tonight (kleiza and calderon!!!) Bargnani worked hard and got hurt as a result, give props to the guy he really wanted to be out there late! Incredible team effort, Derozan looked gassed but still managed a good offensive game, Barbosa helped overcome our deficit, calderon sent it to over time, and then kleiza took over!

Leave a comment:

• TSN3
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    That was an amazing game....playoff like in intensity. Too bad AB got injured again. But the guys played tough. Casey has done a great job getting all buying in.
    Probably the most impressive effort of the season. It was also great to see the supporting cast step up big after Bargs got hurt. That might have been a pretty significant team building moment. Now I doubt that the Raps are going to go on a crazy run and make the playoffs now, but those kinds of wins are a necessary part of making these guys believe that their hard work is paying off. Good to see them pull through!

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    So many positives in this game. Kleiza was huge off the bench. Calderon had some clutch shots late. Bayless was passing the ball well, even if the shot still wasn't there. DeRozan with a bounce-back game. J Johnson with 6 blocks. A Johnson played well late, after looking like he would get owned by Kanter. Davis showed a bit of a spark in his few minutes. Butler inbounded the ball successfully. It's going to be a rough haul with Bargs out, but they need some positives like this every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X