There is no ED in team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I've been a fan of the Raptors since day 1 (and I've been following the NBA long before that). Yes, we made the playoffs a few times, but we've only made it out of the first round once. Under Bosh, we won a total of 3 playoff games over a two year span. We have never won more than 47 games, ever! These were not "good" seasons.

The Orlando Magic were competing for championships within 5 years of their existence. Hell, even our expansion cousins, the Grizzlies, have had more success over the past 16 years than we have.

I'm not being negative...I'm being real. The Raptors may have had "good" seasons by Toronto's standards, but definitely not by NBA's standards.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
    The grizzlies? your kidding me right. Even we we're competing for championships with T mac and Carter but after t mac left it was no longer possible. The fact is Neither the grizzlies, Magic or raptors have won a championship. We're all in the same boat, Orlando is pretty mediocre even with D12 and same with the grizzlies. The Raptors, if they continue building through the draft, will win a championship within the next 5 seasons.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      The grizzlies? your kidding me right. Even we we're competing for championships with T mac and Carter but after t mac left it was no longer possible. The fact is Neither the grizzlies, Magic or raptors have won a championship. We're all in the same boat, Orlando is pretty mediocre even with D12 and same with the grizzlies. The Raptors, if they continue building through the draft, will win a championship within the next 5 seasons.
      The Raptors were never competing for championships with TMac & Vince. They were struggling to get out of the 1st round.

And yes, the Grizzlies. The Raptors have 5 playoff appearances and 1 series win. The Grizzlies have 4 playoff appearances and 1 series win too. But the difference is that the Grizzlies have won 50 games in the past, and they're currently in a better position to compete than the Raptors.

Going back to the original point which started this discussion between us, the fans have a right to be upset/angry because the team hasn't exactly rewarded us for 16 years of loyalty. Brief playoff appearances are nice, but 1st round playoff exits don't fit my definition of "good" years.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        The Raptors were never competing for championships with TMac & Vince. They were struggling to get out of the 1st round.

And yes, the Grizzlies. The Raptors have 5 playoff appearances and 1 series win. The Grizzlies have 4 playoff appearances and 1 series win too. But the difference is that the Grizzlies have won 50 games in the past, and they're currently in a better position to compete than the Raptors.

Going back to the original point which started this discussion between us, the fans have a right to be upset/angry because the team hasn't exactly rewarded us for 16 years of loyalty. Brief playoff appearances are nice, but 1st round playoff exits don't fit my definition of "good" years.
        we made it to the eastern conference semi's same as grizzlies. And the grizzlies may be in a better position now but i doubt they'll make it past the first or second round these next few seasons. By then we'll surpass them

Comment

Working...
        X