X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors2012
    replied
    thank you AB for going down...

now to get back on track with our tanking plan... minimal damage done - only 2 wins... whew~

Leave a comment:

• hateslosing
    replied
    If it's based on recent play, I'd say you start Kleiza and Gray at the big spots as they have performed the best recently. Kleiza might give us some offense which that unit will need desperately, plus he does a lot of what Andrea does in terms of playing inside out and spreading the floor, just without the 7 footerness so you could run similar plays. That said, I think the bulk of the minutes will be given out based on match ups. Any team that has a big powerful 4, like a Blake Griffin or Kevin Love, will be too much for Kleiza and Amir should get the most minutes. Ed should stay on the bench playing spot minutes until he shows that he is capable of playing at the NBA level.

Even when Andrea is back, I don't mind Kleiza playing the four beside him for a few minutes when we go small. It keeps James Johnson out there to defend and try to block shots and gives us a lot of offensive firepower. It was a very good looking unit when they played together last night.

Leave a comment:

• SuperRaptor
    replied
    I think you will see Ed Davis start for Bargnani, but Linas Kleiza will play the majority of the minutes, because as we all know this team struggles to score without Il Mago on the floor. Kleiza is more offensive than Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    If Ed Davis starts with Aaron Gray the spacing is going to be terrible. Denver would just glog up the pain. We can't afford to let are offensive start up slow again like the last couple of games!

Leave a comment:

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Davis and Gray. Amir's thumb needs care too. I do have to endorse a Kleiza start at the three to help spread the floor. Ed could benefit from this so the he can operate in his comfort zone of 8ft. or less to the basket.

Leave a comment:

• Red and White
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    Lets be careful about overloading Kleiza's minutes please...dont want the same thing happening to him as with AB...and his was major. I am all for putting ED there. Maybe showing confidence in him will jolt him though his sudden inability to finish around the basket has been mysterious. His weight gain/possible upper body flex. is maybe the cause. Though not a leaper his lift seems diminished as well. So play the heck out of him and he might shake the rust off.
    I agree with you that he should not start tomorrow, but in the future I think I would be totally fine with it.Starting does not mean you overload his minutes. Starting means he plays quality minutes against the oppositions best pf at least for the start of the game.

I think ED should start, and give him more minutes whether he is playing well or not. I wanna see him play through a struggle. Putting him on the bench when he does not play well will not get him out of his slump. I think Amir still needs a rest, and Kleiza was doing it off the bench last game, have him off the bench again.
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jan 26th, 2012, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Alabi. Time to start up the tank.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Lets be careful about overloading Kleiza's minutes please...dont want the same thing happening to him as with AB...and his was major. I am all for putting ED there. Maybe showing confidence in him will jolt him though his sudden inability to finish around the basket has been mysterious. His weight gain/possible upper body flex. is maybe the cause. Though not a leaper his lift seems diminished as well. So play the heck out of him and he might shake the rust off.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I'm going soley based on matchups not who deserves it....which he does

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    they are playing Denver who has a very effective large front court. I say start Linas Kleiza at the four

he will pull Nene out to the perimeter which will open up the lanes for DeMar/Barbs/Johnson...as well as blow by opportunities for Kleiza when Nene does come out

Leave a comment:

• SandmanFan
    replied
    I suspect Kleiza will log some minutes at PF but I don't think he should be the starter

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I would start Bargnani, this guy has to suck it up! Just kidding!

I think I agree with going with Ed. Amir seems to have been warn out the last couple games. Give him some rest and when he is ready, if Andrea is still out, start him. It would nice to get a good read on Ed too.

Leave a comment:

• AJ360
    replied
    I hope they start Davis. Showing some confidence in him might be what he needs. Not to mention it would allow us to use Amir as the first big off the bench, a role he's familiar and comfortable with.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    We're tanking right? Start Magloire

... but I'd prefer to see Davis, but with a very tight leash. I'd actually also like to see Amir play some PF. Perhaps Amir and Gray.

Leave a comment:

• Maleko
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'd start Davis and Gray.

Amir seems banged up.

Going forward, whichever 2 of the 3 are bringing the most effort start.
    Exactly what I was going to say down to the effort. Saved me typing it out.

No..wait...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X