Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Raptors benefit if Calderon shoots more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Raptors benefit if Calderon shoots more?

I was just wondering if anyone else though that Calderon needs to shoot more. We all know Calderon can be effected on offense other than just distributing the ball. He's shooting 45% from the field, but he's only attempting about nine shot attempts per game. During games, I've noticed that Calderon would sometimes hesitate to take a wide open two or three. Would you like Calderon to shoot more? Maybe around 12-14 shots per game? Or would you rather him just taking about 9 shots per game?

Calderon is what, 25 of 27 free throw attempts so far this year? And shoots 45% from the fielkd (I'll take your word on it). Question answered.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Calderon is what, 25 of 27 free throw attempts so far this year? And shoots 45% from the fielkd (I'll take your word on it). Question answered.

ABSOLUTELY, IIRC its not too often that when caldy scores 15 or more we lose, obviously with supplemental scoring. He always seems to push us over that hump.

IMO Calderon brings the ball up the floor, and unless they are running a set he should :

a) look for bargs
      b) look for someone who can get the ball to bargs
      c)look for his own shot
      d) look for kleiza on the perimeter
      e) look at casey and colangelo and say "this is what i have to work with?!" and take the ball to the rack and then a do the calderon bobble head nod all the way to the charity stripe.

subsequently the above process would probably take less time than it does for everyone to remember what play theyre running and begin to execute. My god we waste alot of clock sometimes.

Not to mention i dont think there is a PG in the league whos passing game doesnt benefit from being more of an aggressive scorer. The lanes just open up.

Comment

If Bargs is out, I think Calderon not only needs to shoot more, he needs to drive to the rim more. He is a ridiculously good free throw shooter and has the handles to get to the rim often, especially off of good picks. I'd like to see him try to create more contact in his drives and get to the line more. He is probably in the top 5 passers in the league and is also an elite level shooter. If he adds that ability to create contact your looking at Steve Nash Light. Seriously, the guy could and should be a double double machine.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Calderon is a very good 3 point shooter. Its a shame the team cannot rotate the ball enough for him to find open shots more often.

Comment

Working...
          X